View Single Post
Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-09-2008, 02:55 AM

Patricia McKillip writes amazing fantasy/romance novels.I wouldn't call them true romance, but they're geared more towards girls, and the way she writes is just very flowery and light. She has a talent for really sucking you into the story and getting you interested in the characters. Alphabet of Thorn and In The Forests Of Serre are my two favorites of her's.

Robert Heinlein is always fun for science fiction. Most people know him from Stranger in a Strange Land and Starship Troopers, but I don't think that they're his best. Some of his other novels center around the same people and time period, and that makes them more fun to follow. Time Enough for Love tells the story of Lazarus Long, the eldest man in the universe. In follows him through most of his life in a futuristic society and takes the time to explain his relationship to each of his family members. If you read any Heinlein, you should read this first.

There's also Ray Bradbury, Douglas Adams, Tim Powers, Steven Sherrill, Philip K Dick, and Isaac Asimov.

And...That's all I've got for now.