View Single Post
Repo
Fire and Blood

Old 01-13-2012, 06:31 PM

When his name was called by the president - the now president, not President Truman - he stepped out to meet him. Shake hands, smile at the crowd. This part he was good at, though - he wouldn't be singing or dancing around. The war was over...long over actually. Flashes were now going off like crazy. It still baffled him - and blinded him a little too - the fact that technology had changed so much - the people too. He had to undergo therapy for quite awhile before he was allowed out in public. But hey, how hard could jumping fifty plus years into the future be?

Quite actually.

After accepting the award, he stepped up to the podium. The crowd hushed to let him speak.
"Thank you, Mr. President." He said, smiling sheepishly before patting the medal on this chest. "I hope I can continue to serve my country...even in these times of peace."
He continued on for a spell, using his revised speech. The crowd seemed to like it, which was good. It made him smile, but he very much felt like Steve Rogers again. Small, tiny. So it was a relief to him once he got out of the crowds way.

Peeking out from backstage, he could see that things were starting to clear. There wasn't going to be a signing tonight, luckily that was going to wait for the feast tomorrow.
"All set to go?" A voice asked him, he turned, it was one of the generals from the army base he was staying it.
"I think I'm gonna stick around for a bit... You can go though, no need to wait for me."

Last edited by Repo; 01-13-2012 at 06:45 PM..