View Single Post
Suzy Sunshine
URE NPC

Old 06-05-2012, 11:34 PM

Rules & Guidelines

The Rules
:
  • All stories must be inside a "spoiler" bar. ([hide ]Your story here[/hide ])
  • All submissions must use the forms I have provided.
  • Your entry must be written for this contest. You may not "recycle" an old story.
  • You may not submit someone else's work. This is plagiarism and is strictly against Menewsha's rules and also against the law.
  • Your submission may not be longer than 2,000 words. (You can check your word count here)
  • Your entry must fit the category you are entering it into.
  • You may only submit one story per category.
  • You may only submit using your main account.
  • Please do not give critiques on other people's works unless they have asked for it. If you wish to post your story for feedback before officially submitting it, please do so in quote tags so that no one gets in trouble for spamming.
  • Entries are accepted until the end of the event.
  • Winners will be announced in the Community Discussion Forum after the end of the event. It will take a little time to judge this contest so please be patient. It will probably take me a week or two to judge the entries and post the winners.

The Guidelines:
  • Do your absolute best to write correctly. This means that you should use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. I will not ignore your entry if there is a misplaced comma, but a submission riddled with distracting errors is very unlikely to win.
  • Be creative. The more interesting your story is, the more likely it is to win. Cliched characters or storylines can get boring and are unlikely to win.
  • Your story needs to fit the category it's being entered into.
  • Let your creativity take completely and write the story you want to write - within the rules of the competition, of course. Please read the rules carefully and double check your story before submitting it. If you do make a small error (such as forgetting to use the form or the hide tags), I will give you a second chance so that you may fix it. In the case of plagiarism or attempting to recycle an old story of yours, I will not be as lenient and you will not receive a second chance.

Last edited by Suzy Sunshine; 06-23-2012 at 03:19 PM..