View Single Post
DeWitt549

Old 07-16-2013, 05:11 AM

The Apprentice and the Clockworked Man named Gibbs, Theos Gibbs

The night was mildly illuminated from a waxing moon and it had a small chill to the air. Inside the Bronze Warehouse an apprentice was making his way down to the basement hoping to find something to fix that will make him finally reach his journeyman license.The young boy was wanting to find something interesting and the basement stretched on for miles. It was filled with dust, as well as cobwebs everywhere. The sound of scurrying feet could be heard from some mouse in the distance. He made his way to the back of the basement where things were left and forgotten. In the back there were old wooden crates, rusted metals and other pieces of junk. The young apprentice picked up things that could be of any use and moved past the boxes. He looked around for more things and found something interesting. Below one of the boxes was a old wooden trap door. There was not much of a lock on it as it has been rusting for a long time and the box was just a small thing to hide it. "There must be something rather interesting down there," the young man muttered to himself. With glee he pushed the box out of the way and pulled up the latch on the door.Dust filled the corner of the room where the young apprentice was at. Coughing from the flying debris, he looked downward and saw a stone stair well leading downward. With anticipation he walked down the stairs eagerly waiting to see his next project. If it was down here, then it must be good.

At the bottom of the stairwell, the apprentice was astonished to see the sight that beheld him. There was what appeared to be a humanoid figure sitting on an old wooden chair. His body was hunched over facing toward the ground and engraved on him were the words Theos Gibbs. He was an old human sized clockwork figure made out of mostly wood and some metal. His paint that made him look somewhat human has long since faded. On the back was a large wind up key and on the inside was gears and a heart made of pure gold. The apprentice danced with delight and quickly ran to his next project. "With this I can become a master just like Crispin," the boy thought to himself.

The figure or clockwork doll was indeed old, but was mostly intact. There was what appears to have been a place for a gear that has long since gone missing, however that was no trouble to repair with the spare parts he had on hand. Within a few moments the clockworked figure was restored, now all that remain was to wind him up.

One...Two...Three times the key was turned around and with a sudden jolt the old figure came to life and started searching around the room. The sudden jolt startled the young apprentice, but he was successful with his restoration and was on his way to get his next license. Yet something was wrong, the figure started talking, and there hasnt been a humanoid that could talk as humanly as it did. "Sir, where is my sister? Can you please tell me?" the figure asked.

The clockwork figure slowly stood up gears grinding and tickings and tockings could be heard echoing throughout the basement. The apprentice was struck with awe as an old figure had came to life before him, this would be the biggest uproar throughout the town. Again the figure asked for his sister but the apprentice could say nothing. "I must go find her" was what he said as the life sized doll took off up the stairs.

It was but a few seconds that he realized his prized project just got up, spoke and then ran off. He grabbed his gear and ran off for the thing as well, but it was too late as the entire Bronze Warehouse was in an uproar as the doll ran outside. Everyone was after it now.
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

The apprentice was panting from all the running, he messed up and needed help. The only one who could help him was Crispin. It was not long before he found him at the bar.

"Lord Crispin, I found something in the basement and it is running around town, I need your help!" Cries and screams could be heard even over the rowdiness of the bar.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Screams and outcrys were heard as the Doll named Gibbs was running through the street. Music was the thing that came to his mind as he thought of his sister and the strange world he was in. Tuning his ears he went out heading for the nearest place he could find music, the Silver side of town. The one thing he could only think about was his sister, he remembered her clearly and was worried sick. There was nothing that could stop him, that was until he ran across a body that was thrown out into the street.

It was not long until Crispin and the apprentice arrived to see in horror, a wooden doll holding a woman close to him rocking her back and forward in his arms. Gibbs looked up at the people infront of him and asked, "Sir, help me. Her heart it stopped ticking. Please sir, tell me what to do it isn't ticking anymore. What do I do? What do I......" With that last syllable the doll winded down and while going limp and holding a dead woman in his arms, a single tear of oil dripped from his automatonic eye.

Last edited by DeWitt549; 07-16-2013 at 06:04 AM..