View Single Post
Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-29-2017, 05:58 PM

As a person that was constantly active in the Rp forums back when those forums were alive and kicking, I would like to offer my humble opinion.

I don't go to the other threads, as my main interest is in Rping. The main reason why I joined Menewsha so long ago was based solely on the way the Rp section was organized. I enjoy having the threads separated by genre, it made it easier to find Rps that were in a setting I enjoy, instead of having to just click on every rp to figure out what genre it was. (I've left other sites because they merged all their rp sections into one lump.) It honestly makes it harder to navigate.

I also appreciate that one on one rps have their own subforum within the genre they belong to. I do not like seeing one on ones lumped in with social/group/open to everyone rps. I feel like having those there makes it harder for people looking for group rps to find them. Again, I've left other forum sites for that reason. It just seems messy to me.

I do understand that Menewsha's Rping community has practically died, there are barely any active group/social rps going on, but one on one's seem to remain very popular. So I understand that if you just lump them all into one big lump it'll make it look like the Rp community isn't half dead just because of the sheer number of active one on one plays. I still feel like if the Rp community does pick back up, it would then be a chaotic mess of everything just lumped together like a tangled mess of string.

I would greatly appreciate it if the in character part of the Rp section stays mostly categorized the way it is now (by genre and with one on one's separate from the group plays). Though instead of keeping the one on one's separated by genre, since people generally know what setting those will be beforehand, you could make one subforum just for one on ones.

Again, that's just my opinion. I cannot give an opinion about the other threads because I pretty much never even glance at them.