View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 03-09-2014, 11:25 PM

Corynn's eyebrows raised when Nixie said she had heard voices, too. "That's right, everything went quiet for a short while..." she thought back to that moment after she had touched the other woman and with a sigh she added: "I miss that. This is... tiring." Getting painful, too. Maybe there was a way to turn it off, somehow? Like television? She wasn't sure how she felt about being able to get in thoughts of people around her. Sure, it would give some security, and there would be no more pondering "what does that person think about me?", but she really want to know everyone's thoughts about everything?

And did it work other way around? Could she say something in someone's mind? At this point, she heard internal commentary and chuckled. "I swear, if you two are making fun of me...!" Caleb frowned with deep disapproval. As much as he didn't want to believe any of this power-crap, the slight chance it was real - since both girls had picked up on some theme never said out loud rather easily -, bothered him. Corynn looked at him with slight grin, she knew that he wouldn't touch a hair on her head in his right mind, nor would let anyone else do it. Even now, she could hear his bitter thoughts of not protecting her well enough when they had arrived here. But right now, there were more important thread to pull at.

"We touched before, I don't think my powers got transferred to him. Maybe it happened because of you," she told Nixie while Caleb waved her suggestion off. "I am not going to start meditating or something now," he stated firmly, again crossing arms across chest and turning head towards mansion to stare at it with intensity that should have made the whole building crumble down. And in truth, while he seethed, one of the windows on third floor simply shattered. Corynn looked that way startled and Caleb angrily gestured towards it: "See? It's a house built of cards! We can just topple it over."

"It's not that simple. Nixie, I think you are right, they probably bought us here for these experiments. It must be dangerous for us, they must want to keep us for themselves. Maybe... they will pit all of experiment objects against each other?" While saying 'experiment object' her voice hitched slightly, it was hard to accept the bitter truth that they were exactly that. Caleb stared at her worriedly. "I guess they want to shoot new X-men movie with actors that actually had powers, huh?" He tried to light the mood with one of his weird jokes. Both women seemed to get more and more downcast with every passing moment.

"That is the most ridiculous explanation anyone could come up with," Corynn replied after a short laugh. He huffed, but not with real anger. "I guess now we have to figure what to do. I would say... try to play along for a while." When Caleb vigorously shook head, she explained her plan: "That way, they might let us explore the building more and we can find out where they keep power generators for force field. And have time to organize a full-on assault and escape plan, utilizing whatever powers we all have been given... Assuming other people here have them and want to get out too."

"What do you both think?" she inquired, looking from her brother to Nixie in the dimming light. Somehow, Corynn felt like she could trust Nixie on some level, work together with her. She was rather sensible, although had quite a bit of temperament, but Corynn was used to that from living with her brother. Having an ally could prove to be very important in this place and more than that, the thought of having a kind of friend was somehow soothing.

"If they don't, they can rot here till the end of time, for all I care!" Caleb exclaimed, glaring at the setting sun as if it was at fault for all of the misfortunes the Moore siblings had had to endure in past few days. Both of them desperately did not want to return to LTB building either, but Caleb would follow Corynn and she didn't really know what else to do. Maybe Nixie would have some good idea? She looked scared going back inside and angry that they had to, quite like Corynn...

"Do you think the force field might have a crack somewhere in the forest behind building? And if they're eavesdropping on our conversations?" he pondered out loud, trying to delay the return.