View Single Post
Sleinah
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 06-07-2007, 11:37 AM

My favorite books.. well, I have a lot of favorite books. In fact, I want to read more books! But so far, here are some I've read which I also happen to like very much:

1. Cherish the Dream by Katherine Harrington - The book is about an expedition to map a route from Fort Leavenworth to California around the 1800's. The book magnifies the love story between Blade Roberts, the captain of the expedition team, and Theodora Gordon, the botanist and part-cartographer. It also spoke about the Native American Indians especially the Cheyenne. Along their way, something bad always happened until finally they found out who the culprit was.

2. Allure by Jo-ann Power - If you're the type who likes reading alluring novels, then this is the novel for you! I like this book because of the interesting conversations by Cerise Lindsay, new countess of Rossborough, and Blake Hargrove, earl of Sandown. The story is about Cerise trying to find out what happened to her sister as to why rumors spread that she committed suicide by drowning herself. Blake tried to help Cerise with her pursuit of the truth about her sister. The two, though, got so involved with each other that they grew to love each other changing each other's personality everyday that they met. Also, prepare yourselves for the wonderful knowledge of sculpting and the famous sculptures.

3. The Lady of the Labyrinth by Caroline Llewellyn - The novel is set in a first-person point of view by the character named Alison Jordan. She was about to have a peaceful vacation to Spain but before that day, a lot of things happened that changed her course of destination. With the persuasion of her brother, Jay, to look for their father, the two of them went off to Sicily in the hopes to find their father in a place called Castell'alto. On their way, they met an old woman, Signora Solina, who happened to have a bee keeper neighbor by the name of Clio Hunt. Also, Alison stumbled upon Luke Kenniston, her boss in the Embassy she is working in, while they were in Erice. (I have yet to finish reading the book so I can complete this.xD)

** If you're interested with the stories, go ahead and read them. :3

Here are other books I've read:
1. Incas: The Puma's Shadow by A.B. Daniel
2. A Pirate's Love by Johanna Lindsay
3. One Wish by Linda Lael Miller