View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-21-2016, 03:02 AM

Eleanor's cold tone hardly reached him. The only thing Melik focused on was his friend. The one who had always been there for him. The one he rudely attacked. The one he....

The white haired woman seemed to sense the good within him. Throwing herself at Fritz, Melik found himself relax slightly. It was nice to know that he was able to befriend someone so quickly. Though he had no idea why Nixie had chosen him.

No. He knew. Deep down Melik always knew. Fritz wasn't a bad man. He never could be. Everything he did, he did it for a reason. He was wise in his own way and leagues above all else when it came to maturity and rational thought.

There was also that soft side too. Fritz showed it to none but a close few. He would laugh and joke just like anyone else. But he was also sweeter, softer. He loved the little things. Holding pinkies with someone. Blowing the hairy ends off dandelions. Feeding someone a delicate cake. All the softer sides of him were highly desirable.

Could Nixie... could she see that?

His mind tore from his thoughts when Eleanor barked at him. He was exhausted from his little hissy fit with Fritz. There wasn't much sand in the area so it was harder to command it. Still, if walling up the door saved Fritz's life, he would do it.

With a firm foot on the ground, he willed what little dirt and sand he could find to fill up the hole. Slowly, bit by bit, it filled so that it was no longer easy to spy what was happening in the room with the cots.

Great beads of sweat rolled from his brow, but he kept his focus on the wall. He could always ask Fritz what happened later, assuming he was allowed to converse with the prisoner.

Pffft. As if that would stop him.

When Nyx threw herself in front of Eleanor's rage, Fritz found himself startled. He was shocked at the core. Why would this woman... why would she defy her leader? Why would she stand between his blade and his flesh? What could she possibly gain? Letting him die would be easier. Less painful. Why was she so stubborn on making him her problem.

Dropping the katana, the metal clanged on the cavern floor. The second it dropped, Fritz wrapped his arms around the smaller woman.

He muttered something in that same foreign tongue he used earlier.

Melik caught it and smirked. "He says you're stupid but thank you."

Fritz pulled his eyes open to look past Nyx and at the one called Eleanor. She seemed displeased with the results but knew better than to draw up a battle. Instead, she turned curtly and left. When she returned with the hounds, Fritz shook his head.

"I'm afraid the tracker isn't something you can remove. Fear not. Only he has one. I," he chose his words carefully, "he's had it since I swore an oath to him. Think of it like an impression. Only I can see it."

Since he no longer needed to keep the wall up, Melik furrowed his brows. "Wait a minute," he turned his gaze to the teal-haired man. "That day I asked you if you put something in my mouth when I slept...."

A wry smile jerked his lips.

"WHAT!" Melik tugged at his lower lip. Sure enough, there was a faint mark. It hardly looked like anything, but he knew it was the tracker. "How?" He cocked a brow.

"I didn't want to lose you. I read ancient text and learned of a way to brand the one you serve. Thought it appropriate and then put it in your lips. Your heart, gut, and mind can lie. But your lips," he seemed cheeky, "they're always flabbing."

"ARE YOU SUGGESTING I TALK TOO MUCH?!"

Fritz had covered his ears before nodding firmly. "You're also loud." His eyes slipped to Nixie. "Similar to her."

"Ah," Melik stroked his chin. "I see, I see."

A sarcastic expression came to Fritz's face. "No. Stop your foolish thoughts. Such is not the case. Stop... no. Melik...." There was a growl to his voice.

Coyly, he shrugged his shoulders. "I'm just saying." Pivoting on his toes, he wandered out back into the main area. "Oi, oi, why don't we leave Nyx to her responsibility. He won't do anything. His code forbids him from hurting a woman." He skipped to Eleanor. "And don't worry. His code also prevents him from harming the innocent. He can only attack if you attack first. So just make sure no one hurts him and we're golden!"

Anguish washed over his face. "Sometimes," he began, "you talk too much."

When the room eventually cleared, Melik put up a sand door. It was similar to the one up front only this one could only open from one side. And, once opened, it would collapse.

"Nixie," Fritz cupped the woman's cheek in his palm, "never throw yourself in front of a man like that again. Your life is precious."

Last edited by Xavirne; 01-21-2016 at 03:04 AM..