View Single Post
fishyfey
*^_^*

Old 07-05-2017, 04:31 AM

Sooo, this might not be exactly the right place for this but I was wondering if Mene should have an instagram account too? The avatars rock and we have an artist community here that could also share images.

I've also been learning from my instagram/social media experiences lately since Ive started actually trying to get a following. Have we thought about making some changes that might 'modernize' mene a little? (With the forums being reorganized it got me brainstorming ideas...) I LOVE mene, even if I'm usually a lurker, and I dont want to see it go anywhere, but its hard not to notice how its been pretty quiet lately. What about doing some things that has made social media so successful? For example:
1. Put something on a main page for trending topics or threads. One of my problems lately is finding the action. If we can see the top 5 threads, it makes it easy to jump in.
2. Not sure if this is even possible, but add things like hashtags. If people can tag and categorize posts, it makes it easier for other people to find what they are looking for.
3. Run contests for the most active posts. Give away awards for people posting more content.
4. I love the events that are run! I know they take a ton of work and time. What about doing something like ongoing mini contests that would be easy to manage. Instead of giving out full items, give out tokens. For example 10 bronze tokens = 1 item, 10 gold tokens = 1 better item, etc. Make it so that people can only get those items by participating and being an active member of the community. Contests could be anything fun. Make polls and vote on the best dressed, friendliest person, 'most likely to succeed', idk it could be anything really. I bet the community has a lot of ideas of things that could be fun.

Ok, thats about it for now. Ugh, sometimes my brain just won't stop and I really would love to see more people joining and participating in the Mene community.