View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-19-2014, 01:15 AM

Brumac exited the kitchen with two large trays, just as Priscilla sat down. From his spot behind the bar, he quirked an eyebrow at her outfit. He set both trays on the bar top and set a plate of food in front of Kioku. "I'm sure you're full of energy," he said in a tone clearly referring to his night with Frewen. "Eat anyway." Kioku would know that Brumac always fed everyone, and wouldn't take no for an answer. The plate held pancakes, Brumac's special ingredients, meat that looked like sausage, eggs of something other than a chicken, and a native fruit.

Frewen still hadn't arrived, and that Peri was a flake, always disappearing to do this or that. Brumac glanced around in annoyance that neither of them were very dependable. "I might take you up on that offer," he boomed down at Kioku in reference to his volunteering to take up some of Frewen's work a few minutes earlier. He preferred Kioku over anyone anyway, and had offered the man a job on multiple occasions. He'd be an idiot to pass up the chance now.

With that, Brumac had two other guests to serve. He grabbed up three plates with silverware and dropped two off at Yukiteru's table. "One for your girlfriend," he boomed, not caring whether or not the female was really his 'girlfriend'. She was a girl, clearly a friend. Reasoning done. He moved on to Priscilla's table and plopped the plate down with a grin. "We're all out of croissants," he boomed. His eyes trailed down her outfit. Her skin looked delicious. "You lookin' for a job?" he asked. Good looking work brought in customers, what could he say. It was one of the reasons he'd always wanted Kioku to come work for him.

~~*~~*~~

Upstairs, Peri couldn't help but laugh at Kiyoko's comment on burning the dress. "I couldn't," she said. "Priscilla said I couldn't destroy it," she added with a sigh. When Kiyoko began to walk backwards, Peri reached up and tugged at one of the 'ears' from her headband with a quirky smile. "They've grown on me]," she said, leaving out that she'd worn it since she was a little girl as per request of her aunt Vern.

She tilted her head to the side and periwinkle eyes blinked owlishly at Kiyoko when she promised Peri a famous present. Peri was very curious about that. She nodded. "I live here, indefinitely," she said with a little exasperation. "I'll be around," she laughed. So long as no one ordered her to be anywhere else. When the red haired girl mentioned Yuki, Peri wrinkled her nose. But Kiyoko spoke of him genuinely, and Peri decided she might as well give him a second chance, with, the knowledge that he wasn't 'very good' with people. Pssh. He was awful with people.

They reached the top floor and Peri let herself in to the apartment that took up the entire top floor. It had many rooms surrounding a living area and kitchen, and Peri headed straight for the one she'd claimed yesterday. Once inside, Peri slid open the closet doors to reveal more clothes than any one person could seriously travel with. She shrugged and gave Kiyoko a smug smile. "You're welcome to them while you're waiting on your bags," she said, already slipping out of the blue dress.