Thread: Frozen in Time
View Single Post
Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you know?"

Old 02-25-2010, 05:22 AM

"Shara," the elven woman said slowly, blinking. Stepping over to the area they were still working on, she narrowed her white eyes as she gazed upon the next crystal. "And no, I don't want water. Not from you."
Her voice was smooth and flawless - like the gem she had escaped from. With movements like flowing water, the tall woman moved to place a hand on the only spot of glass showing on the second crystal. A single word escaped her lips. "Kej." Letting her hand drop to her side, she glanced around at the humans, a flicker of confusion spreading across her face. Humans had been enemies. Were they still?
"If you mean us no harm," Shara said slowly, regarding the woman taking notes with wariness. "Then you are friends?" She reached up to stroke the strange markings on her face, narrowing her gaze. "And why would you seek our city? It cannot be that lost that you can't find it." The slender elf then glanced around, noticing all the tools and workers. Fingering the oddly metallic fabric that laced about her bracer, Shara grimaced. "Are we really so lost to the world?"
Shaking her head, she moved to stand beside the male scientist, looking down to meet his eyes. She was a few inches taller than the men, standing near seven feet as she strode up to her new "friends."
"I will answer what I can," she hummed, "If you are here to help us."

Kej felt the same vibrations in the earth that Shara had felt, and he shifted in his prison. What is this? Life? Stirring, he prepared to be released from his crystal. Finally.