View Single Post
zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 12-23-2015, 04:20 AM

BOOP a Bobble!

Comments: As an Australian, Christmas can often be overwhelming with the sheet magnitude of marketing directed towards a very European/US-centric view of Christmas: fireplaces, snow, hot food... etc., whereas for us that couldn't be further from the truth. Here I have tried to make a distinctly Australian bauble, one that possesses significance that the typical Australian family can relate to.
I'd imagine that the sand in the glass bauble was gathered from a Christmas beach trip down to Bondi (surfing/the beach is a pretty typical Australian Christmas activity since the heat is so hellish), and the kids then get to decorate the beachscape and paint on the ocean and attach the seagull to the stopper, because what beach Christmas is complete without the bloody gulls trying to steal your chips? Finally, the label is there to serve as a reminder of all the good times had that year, and there are probably many more, similar, baubles lying around for this family from all of their other, annual, Chrissy beach trips.

Man, I went reeeeally stereotypical there. I hope that my entry's okay; I started off doing a snowscape but it was just so unrelatable that I decided to just screw it and make something a little closer to home. :)