View Single Post
Sugiza
gotta get a grip

Old 02-22-2018, 11:32 PM

Daniel's gaze shifted upon her and softened for a moment as she spoke with earnest conviction. However, he turned back to the folder and shifted the pages to a list of suspects... that happened to stretch for about three documents. "Eventually, yeah. Standard operating procedure. I... have a feeling it's not going to end up like that, however." He sifted through the papers to find a single document with his photograph on it. "I decided to go undercover. I thought it'd be the easiest way to nail 'em, but... they've got somebody on the top level who's organizing cleanups. These fucks are meticulous -- no DNA evidence, no paper trail, nothing. It's like he's a ghost." He allowed his frustration to build and escape, but a quiet knock on the desk from the chief calmed him down.

"The leader of this branch is a guy named Anthony Gasperetti. He's got three guys at the next level, but... he conceals their identities. As far as I know, nobody's even seen any of these guys in person. They could be anybody. I've got plenty to nail the bottom-rung guys. The only problem is, you can't attack a family this big from the ground up. They'll just find new guys by the time the legal parts are over." He leaned back and exhaled slowly. "...pretty frustrating, huh?"