View Single Post
Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-29-2012, 11:44 PM

Jessica saw two wrestling figures illuminated in front of the cafe, they looked like young guys. As she got closer, she saw a teenage girl standing back out of the way with her hands over her mouth. What is going on here? She asked coming to a stop. They fighting guys paid her no attention but the girl ran to her. Stop them Sheriff, please before someone gets hurt, the girl begged.

Jessica pulled her gun from its holster and fired a shot into the air. The boom from the gun sent the startled guys stumbling apart. Now, anyone want to tell me what this is all about? She asked, nailing them each with a stern eye. Well ma'am, one of the guys said. He was hitting on my girl.

Jessica snorted and asked, sarcastically, And that seemed like a good reason to hit him? The speaker looked down bashfully. Listen boys, she said, holstering her gun. There are better ways to solve your problems then fighting. Anger leads to people getting hurt and even killed. She turned her attention to the boyfriend. As for you. Don't you trust your girl to be able to handle it and to tell him to get lost? The young man nodded slowly.

Alright boys, I want you two to report to the stables in the morning. You'll be cleaning stalls, but trust me, if I catch you two fighting again the consequences will be worse. Now go home. She waited for the three to disappear in the directions of their homes before turning back to hers. She dropped into a chair at the kitchen table and stared down into her cup of coffee.