View Single Post
Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-15-2012, 05:14 PM

Do ya know wheres I could find a place ta stable my horse ma'am?" The grizzled old cowboy asked politely. Jessica smiled, I think we can find a nice stall or paddock at the livery for this fine, well trained mare. The cowboy beamed at the praise of his mare. She be a fine animal, ain't she? he replied.

I will walk you over to the stables, Jessica said with a smile, sending Chase a nod that told him he was in charge until she got back. She stepped down of the porch and led the cowboy and horse down the street. What is this fine animals name? she asked, rubbing the horse's arched neck. I calls her Honey, the cowboy answered with pride.

They reached the stables and the cowboy slid off his horse. The mare turned her head and nuzzled his shoulder, nickering gently to her owner. He rubbed up under her forelock, crooning to her as Monty came walking out of the stables. We've got a fine animal, looking for a nice place to rest, Jessica told him. Turning to the cowboy, she asked, Would Honey like a stall or a paddock?

What do ya think Honey girl, inside or out? The mare bobbed her head and then nuzzled him again. That be just as I thought Honey girl, we's been sleepin' outside fur months now. You want a nice stall ta relax in. He grinned first at his mare and then at Jessica. Jessica grinned back, liking this sweet cowboy and his love of his horse.

Monty, we'll move Bellisario to a paddock and put Honey in his stall. Its the nicest and roomiest, she said to the grizzled old cowboy. There ain't no need to take anot'er's place, he said quickly. Jessica laughed, Trust me Bellisario will be happy to give up his stall for such a beautiful, well behaved mare.