View Single Post
Staria
\(@O@)/

Penpal

Old 08-12-2012, 07:11 PM

Riva Orhed often used endearments to those she counted as at least friends let alone more, each suited to the individual. For her innocent belief in no longer hiding making anything equal and her skill in baking Cateline earned 'my sweet'. Despite her amusement at it, however, she did find it attractive. Sometimes the old one, as many simply refereed to her in hushed whispers, needed a reminder of the innocence in the world. It gave her peace.

"yes, as much as it ever is anyway. I have spread the word through my contacts and prepared the safety measures." She said simply with a shrug as she threw away some of the ruined sweets. Why bother if you were not going to eat them? Not that she could say much about such things as she came here often simply to take in the scents and hold a warm cup of tea. Her kind had no real stomach acids, or a true stomach at all really... Similar to many of their cousins, the vampires, they had no use for human food so their bodies had evolved accordingly and the stomach had simply shut down.

Still, being what she was, allowed her neutrality. She could, with enough prep time, prepare a circle where the magical became the mundane. People lost their powers, magical objects became mere things... and it was only the power of words that would hold sway. It ensured that no mind manipulation or powers could force a treaty and double crossing was near prevented by that alone... the fact that to try was to face Riva and become her meal tended to prevent it completely. She had no patience for dishonesty and had once illustrated it quite well. She had used her skill with a sword and her own knowledge of the body to push the vampire who had tried to slip in a stake to eliminate a rival, who without his powers had no chance to fight him off, at the first meeting from the circle. She had then held him up by the throat for all to see and drained him until his body was nothing but a twitching mummified husk.

"Entering this circle is to make a sacred promise, to me and to the energy that sustains all life itself. To break that promise carries a great cost, my punishment is a kindness in comparison. I will not, however, be so kind as to give the next fool who makes such a choice. They will have no chance to live again" She had said in a tone with out emotion or warmth, so opposing the voice the assembled were use to. She had then turned her back on the twitching corpse, letting his friends decide his fate. If he was fed immediately he may live, albeit far weaker then before, if not he would slowly become dust. Her normally warm and caring eyes held no emotion, no care which they chose.

That event had ensured that her lady like manners no longer fooled the others to doubt the reason she was respected so for so many years. She did not have only age but the bite and power to go along with it. She had not taken a life in many centuries, but she would do so gladly if the neutrality of her home was in danger. To spill blood in her house was to become a sacrifice to her hunger, it was as simple as that. Still within minutes she was normal and offering beverages sweetly and kindly as a little lamb.