View Single Post
CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2014, 01:51 AM

Rules and Prizes

I'm doing things a little different than usual this time, so please read carefully! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. :) There is an on-going group contest and a new contest every two days to keep your wardrobe hinges creaking throughout the event!

Good luck!

General Rules
  • Be considerate of your fellow users. If anyone is particularly rude, I may ask them to leave the thread for the duration of the event.
  • You may enter once per contest using one account. If you have a second account (a mule) and submit a second entry, it will be disqualified. Charity mules, however, are permitted to enter.
  • Please use the entry form! I will not notice your entry if it's not submitted using the form.
  • Use a hosting service for your image. (Photobucket, imgur, or your Menewsha photo album, for example.)
  • Entries must be submitted before the end of the event. If you PM me before the end of the event, I can edit your submission if you need to alter it, but please be courteous and not change your entry more than once.

Specific Rules: Group Contest
  • You are only allowed to be in one group.
  • Each entry must consist of at least two different users.
  • No, your mule (second account) does not count as another user.
  • Charity mules are encouraged to try to round up the regulars of their charities for an entry or pair up with other charity mules.
  • Your group can consist of as many users as you can round up, but only one of these users can submit the final entry.
  • DAC entries are allowed, but I still don't like them, so it's better if you can do your entry without the DAC!

Specific Rules: Island Challenges Contests
  • Follow the contest prompts properly. If an element isn't there, I might not notice until it comes down to judging, so you're expected to pay careful attention yourself and ask questions if you have them.
  • The earlier you submit your entry, the more points you get. So try not to spend too much time over-thinking it!
  • An entry is still counted as getting the bonus point for early submission provided I haven't posted the next contest - so submit it anyway if I'm running late! I intend to change over the contests at just after midnight of the new day. You can check what day and time it is for me using this clock.
  • Use your own inventory only. (No DAC avatars.) Be creative with what you have!

After the event is over, I will judge each Island Challenge entry according to the following criteria:
  • (disqualified) = Does not meet the criteria for the prompts. (You earn no points for it, not even submission points.)
  • +0 = Meets criteria.
  • +1 point = Meets criteria and particularly delights me.

Prizes: Group Contest
Each member of the winning groups will win the following:
✪ First Prize - 5,000 gold + their choice of any 2014 cash item (Contribution Item or Mennies Item) or another 3,000 gold.
✪ Second Prize - 3,000 gold
✪ Third Prize - 1,000 gold

Prizes: Island Challenge
✪ First Prize
The three users with the top number of points earned may each choose 1 CI and 1 Mennies item, each with an average price 15k or under on the Marketplace.
✪ Second Prize
The three users with the second-most number of earned points may each choose 1 CI or Mennies item with an average price 15k or under on the Marketplace.
✪ Third Prize
The three users with the third-most number of earned points may each choose 1 CI or Mennies item from 2014.

Don't worry - if there are five people tied for the same number of points, they'll all earn the same level of prize. (For example, if the top earners of points were 12, 11, 10, 10, and 10, then all of them will earn the first prize.)

Notes
  • It will likely take me a week or two to judge the contest. Please be patient.
  • The results will be posted in the Community Discussion forum after the event. The users who have won an item or items will be pinged to the thread.
  • If I do not hear back from these users after a few days, I will send them a PM, giving them a deadline to get back to me before they forfeit their prize(s). So please remember to check back after the event regularly if you submitted to this contest!