bookworm

Old 11-02-2010, 05:17 AM

I have written you a story!
Username: Lilith W
Preferred Participation Prize: random
Title: Candy
Submission:

SPOILERX

A young woman leaned against a tree waiting. She had long blue hair and bright blue make-up. She wore thigh high black boots, blue tights, a black short skirt, a blue tank top, a black jacket, and giant black butterfly wings with blue dots. At any other time she would have looked weird and out of place but on this day she fit in. It was the great day of Halloween.
She straightened up as a little girl walked up to her. She was dressed as a pink flower.
"Where's Billy? We have to hurry up or we'll miss all the good candy," the butterfly asked the flower.
"He's coming. Mom had some trouble with his costume. Just cool your tights Izzy," the flower told the butterfly.
"Hey, it is sister not Izzy. And it looks like he is here," a boy dressed as a flyswatter walks up, "good you could join us Billy. Megg, Billy remember not to run off. Let’s go." Izzy straightened her hair then turned to walk down the block. The kids ran to get in front of her. They went to several houses grabbing candy and screaming "Trick or Treat". They had walked several blocks when they came upon the house that no one ever went to. It was said to be haunted but Izzy didn't really believe that. She had snuck in the year before only to find it empty and boring. But a few weeks prior to Halloween someone had moved in. Of course the story had been that he must be a vampire because not only had he moved in at night he had also never been seen out. Izzy started walking up to the house.
“We can’t go in there Iz,” Billy told his sister.
“Hey it is Halloween. There are lights on. That means I get candy. I don’t care if the person giving it to me is an undead vampire or even if he is a zombie and only cares about brains. I will get candy. And don’t call me Iz.” She kept walking up to the house. When she reached the door she waited for the kids to catch up then knocked on the door.
The door slowly swung open. Izzy called inside. “Anyone here? Trick or Treat?”
“Please come in. Walk down the hall. I will be there in a second,” a voice said from inside the house.
Izzy looked at Meg and Billy before stepping inside. “Don’t worry. I’m much scarier than any ghost or demon.”
They walked inside. Izzy walked down the hall followed by the kids. It seemed that the hallway was extremely long. Suddenly the lights went off. There were no windows and they could see nothing. Izzy pulled the kids behind her against the wall. She pressed them back into the wall and placed herself in-between them and the world. Izzy felt something wrap around her arm. Without thinking she grabbed what was attached to her arm and yanked it off then dropped it. She swung her arm back then punched forward. She hit something before she heard a loud “hump” then heard something land hard on the floor. Suddenly the lights came back on. Lying on the floor was a young man rubbing his cheek.
“Geez, why’d you do that? I was just trying to guide you to the kitchen.”
“Why’d the lights go off?” Izzy had didn’t drop her fighting stanch or back away from the wall.
“It’s an old house. I’ve been trying to fix it but it is taking time. What did you think? That I planned on killing you guys and eating your eyes?” He slowly stood up.
“I’m sorry. Too many horror movies. Come on guys.”
Izzy followed the man into the kitchen. He handed out candy and apologized. Izzy apologized before passing her number to him. “Call me if you decided you need some help or company.” She winked at him before grabbing the kids and running down the hall and out of the house.
They finished Trick or Treating then walked home. A couple days later Izzy got a phone call from the spooky vampire.

Final notes: just randomness lol