View Single Post
SUPERKICKS
Nutmeg

Old 05-26-2014, 02:10 AM

"IF I EVER SEE YOUR FACE IN MY BAR AGAIN, I'M CALLING THE COPS!"
"I AM A COP, DIPWAD!"
"Keep her out of my bar, Jack."

The over-sized guard outside of the bar grunted a yes and gave Alison a dirty stare. She was pushed out of the bar and sitting on the pavement of the back ally, Alison sighed and stood up, brushing herself off. She grumbled to herself as she shoved her hands in her jean pockets and started back to her apartment. That was the fifth bar she had been kicked out of in two weeks. There was always some jackass who had to push her buttons far enough to start a fight. Men think they can just take advantage of her, but she's a lot more feisty than they can handle.

It was early morning, she had been out all night and was planning on going back to her apartment to get some sort of sleep. However, she some how knew she wasn't going to be sleeping today. Her mind was simply too awake and it would stay that way until she physically shut down.

Recently, the director of her team had forced her to take a few weeks of vacation. According to her mandatory psych test, she needed to find something that would help her get back on track. It was paid leave, due to medical reasons, but still a leave. Alison had taken to going to the gym at night or writing in the journal that the psychiatrist at work had given her. She had to get herself back on her feet or else she wouldn't be fit to work in her job anymore. And she loved it there... despite the absence and betrayal of her last partner.

Alison made sure no cars were coming before running over to the cafe and stepping inside. It was fairly empty aside from a young, dark skinned girl and the tired looking college kid at the cash register. She stepped over to him and placed a hand on the counter.

"You look pretty beat," She spoke as she looked up at the menu.
"Yeah, well, our manager thought keeping this place open 24/7 would be good for business. I've been here all night. Just waiting on my co-worker to relieve me," He responded, obviously unhappy about his shift.
"Well, make sure that what I'm paying you goes directly to your pocket. You deserve it being up this late. I'll take a black coff- eh.... Make it a black tea, kay?"
"You got it, ma-am."

As she waited for her tea, she turned and leaned on the counter. And watched the city come alive as the sun rose in the east. People started to leave their apartments ready for a day of work, as well as join her in the cafe for a little morning meal.

Last edited by SUPERKICKS; 05-27-2014 at 03:40 AM..