View Single Post
Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 04-08-2008, 09:01 PM

2. Love

I have spent my life wondering at the answer to that question. What is love...really? There are so many words in the mortal language that it can be replaced with. Sacrifice. Lust. Affection. But what is it truly?

My family loved me. They took care of me, gave me everything that I could ever hope to want or need. They loved my sister too, but were meant to sacrifice her to a hard life. Did that mean they loved her any less? And when I took her place, did they love her any less to loose me, the one they had planned to keep all around?

The women who worked for Lord Totsu. They always claimed to love him, and he to love them in return. But I saw the pain there, they way they cried, and the way he mocked them when they left. I wonder to myself how can that be love, but they thought it was.

Is it separate for each person? Can I choose what love means to me, or would that be holding my opinion above everyone else's, and their's down?

All I know is that, to me, love is being held safe in the arms of the one who protects me. Love is knowing I will never me hurt by that person, that I can trust my heart with him and know that nothing will ever be happen to it except that it be filled with overwhelming feeling.

Love can only be explained in terms of itself.

To love, is simply, to love.