View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 02-07-2014, 02:43 PM

He felt an ice cold stare at his back. In fact, he felt several, but thought nothing of it. To him, this was just customary. It wasn't meant to offend or hurt anyone. Billy might actually argue that it could help someone. Only high-strung people would see his actions as a blatant attack on the plate dropper. Billy, however, saw it as a way to help someone overcome their fears. To be put on the spot like that, you need to learn how to react cool and calmly. The more you pushed these people, the sooner they realized that their actions shouldn't warrant a response. Simply put, Billy was all for teaching people not to reach to such common, meager things. If you constantly squirm when someone tickles you, you'll always be tickled. When you learn to suppress your emotions and urges to scream, people will leave you alone. It was how things worked. The attackers always left when the attacked lost the desire to react.

Subduing his clapping, Billy didn't even have a chance to raise and offer the camper a hand. Just because he started the clap didn't mean he wouldn't offer the guy (his name is John) some help. The cold glare he received from Suzanna only caused his brows to wrinkle. Why was she giving him a death glare? Hadn't she seen his change in posture? Didn't she notice that his legs were already swinging around the bench-like chairs? Had she not noticed that he was going to move toward the kid? Clearly, she missed the wink and smile he shot John. As far as Billy was concerned, this male camper, John, wasn't mad. Had John been given a chance, he might have laughed. Instead, John was now beet red standing beside Suzanna. Billy could only feel his pain; John must have been so out of his comfort zone. To be mommied by a female (Suzanna) who was not his mother must have done more damage to the guy's dignity than some clapping. God, how had things gotten so out of hand?

Just as he was giving John a heartfelt 'sorry' expression, Billy found himself sliding into the table across the way. Since when did Suzanna leave her post and assault him? Finding his sight, he realized that it wasn't his co-counselor but rather a small woman with multi-colored hair (Eve). To be frank in his analysis, Billy wasn't interested. He wanted a less eccentric woman. But who was he to judge? Everyone had their forms of expression. Perhaps she just liked the wild colors of pink, blue, and purple?

Soaking in her tone and venom, Billy found himself sighing inwardly. How was it that some people always overreacted? More so the women than the men. Eyes scanning the crowd, he could pretty much tell that all the women were peeved at him. Was it really that bad? Had they no vices? No flaws? He found it hard to believe. Looking from Suzanna to Megumi to Anna to Eve, he let out a calculated exhale.

"I apologize if you found my actions bull, but that was not the case." Rising from his spot on the table he was pushed into, he carefully brushed out the wrinkles in his shirt. Moving from Eve to John, he extended a hand. "Sorry to put you in the spotlight more so than expected."

John, thankful to have a guy within reach, accepted Billy's hand and smiled. "Psh, it's nothing. It actually brought up some memories from high school when I might have started a clapping session." Sheepishly, he tucked his hand behind his head. "I guess I know how she felt now."

Giving John a pat on the back, the freckle-faced counselor stepped back. "I'm sure we've all done something to cause someone else pain or embarrassment. Purposeful or not, we do our best not to succumb to such things and yet, we do." With the entire sea of eyes on him, Billy cleared his throat before addressing everyone. "At this camp, we're all here to learn, to grow, and to better understand who we are and what makes us important. I want you all to think with a clear, clean, and free mind as you go about these next few weeks. Try to understand another. Learn the culture. Befriend people. Find yourself. Learn and teach. We're hear to grow and here to show the world that they were wrong about us. That we are important. That we do have our own successes and reasons to scream, 'I'm the best!' Don't let things get to you. Take everything with a grain of salt. Step back and think before you react." A smile slid onto his face. "I'm Billy Pelham, Camp Counselor for the Olympians." He paused to let it sink in. "If at any time you feel bullied, threatened, scared, hurt, lost, or confused, please don't hesitate to talk to me. I promise, I won't judge. I promise I will listen. And I promise I will do all I can to help. Whether it be matter-of-fact advice or emotional support, that will be up to you." He smirked. "I'm no psychiatrist. I'm no expert. But I am human." Bobbing his head some, he flashed everyone another smile, this one far more handsome than the last. "So please try to have fun and, if you need to sock me for being out of line, then do it." His eyes flew to Eve. "Do what makes you happy and what feels right. Commit and become, that's all I ask."

Billy's eyes looked at the other counselors who seemed to be giving him the thumb's up thus far. Giving a quick glance to the clock on the wall, he shook his head. Of course it was almost time to go. "If we want to keep on schedule, I ask that you finish eating and discard your trash properly. Yes, I mean recycle, if possible. When done, meet on the front lawn in front of the lake. We'll do a group ice breaker and then break off into this year's teams. Thanks!"

Whirling around, he looked Suzanna in the eye. She could hate him all she wanted, but he was born for this role. Sure, he had no experience, but he was rational, logical, and partial. What he lacked in sensitivity and passion, he made up for with his executive-like approach. Giving her a light head bob, he stepped away and returned to his table, John trialing along behind him. Helping the camper find a seat, Billy went behind the counter and into the kitchen to retrieve some food. It wasn't fair that he miss out on the food. Noticing two late comers enter, one nearly spilling her juice, he offered both of them a plate too.

Returning with the food, Billy ushered Artifex, Takumi, and John to his table. Plopping down the food, he waved off some of the other counselors. "Yeah, yeah. I'll have them bring their plates." Looking at the trio, he laughed. "Sorry to make you eat and go, but whatever you can wolf down, feel free to bring outside with you. I do believe the camp director will give us a speech so you'll have ample time to eat."

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene