View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-09-2014, 07:45 PM

It had been a long while since Suzanna had been in high school like environment. Her workplace consisted of just two people - her and Jeff - as they were the ones who did all the cleaning and catering around their tattoo parlour too, and while she interacted with plenty of people, drama flares weren't that common. So, to say this all didn't throw her off tracks would be lying. With John she could deal normally, but when Evelin went off to to push Billy. Now, she didn't like him, but being someone deeply against physical violence of any sorts and knowing her duties, she couldn't just sit back and let that happen (Although, when she lost control, she was quite the pushy-punch type of person, too, something she was quite disappointed about in herself).

However, while she got up and halfway there, Evelin was already on her way back. "I hope I never get on your bad side, Evelin," she commented as they moved towards table, "but then again, physical assault doesn't really put you in much better position than him. Maybe next time..." She stopped in middle sentence, as there was no time for further discussion as Billy had already come over. With mental sigh, Suzanna took her seat again, elbows on edge of table and hands propping her chin.

Of course, he saved his image with flair, not just to their table, but whole camp. She wasn't surprised, perhaps only slightly envious of the confidence he had. But that was first thing you would notice about him and therefor, nothing new to Suzanna. When he looked at her, there were no signs of hate in her hazel eyes as he perhaps had suspected. In fact, she looked at him in extremely evaluating manner, gaze piercing as if she saw right through him. Of course, what Billy thought she could see there and what was there was quite different.

Right about then, her attention was diverted to yet another clumsy person (Artifex) and counselor felt an incoming headache. But as Billy was already on his way to help them out, she decided not to get involved and rather watch what he would do. He handled it well, at least didn't mock either of them. If anything, this little chaos had made him take on his duties a bit more seriously. The tall woman left dining hall soon, most likely to change. Funny, Suzanna realized that even among all of these people with eastern decent, she would be one of the shortest - only Megumi was shorter. But that was a mere fleeting thought, there were more important things on her mind. Like pondering if this camp had been a good choice or one of the big mess-ups of her life. If it was, at least no one would point it out for rest of her life (other than herself).

"Now, let's not be negative, these are just first few hours. Sure, I can't make everyone impressed like him, but I can walk the longer road and actually help people... Hopefully. He can play first violin if he pulls it off, but rest of orchestra is important, too," she sighed softly and stood up, beginning to clean up the table, at least her part, as she had finished eating a while ago. By now, her slight smile was back in place and she chatted it up with Evelin and Megumi, if it was possible and they hadn't withdrawn in turtle-like shell. If so, she would try to shed it away carefully. It didn't matter that Evelin had lost her cool like that, there was a probably reason to that and so, Suzanna didn't judge and treated her just as friendly. Maybe during camp, this colorful girl could learn to vent her emotions other ways than through punching or art.

By now, she too had realized that many people that had caught her attention (Evelin and Megumi, Anna, Mikheil, Artifex, Lucas and Constance, Rain) during meal were of her future team. Suzanna had excellent visual memory, even back in school she simply read the pages enough time to remember them like a snapshot, while what the teacher spoke often went over her head - Suzanna really was the book-worm type. Knowing that, you would think she would catch this fact sooner, but she hadn't had the time to think on it much. "I look forward to working with you both in my team," she told Evelin and Megumi before they left dinner hall to listen to camp leader's speech.

Sun was indeed unfairly hot and bright, Suzanna shielded her eyes with hand and noted that next time, one of the jean shorts would work better for bottom. Yesterday, she hadn't had time to notice it so. Not that she really minded heat - cold weather was one of her enemies and also induced fear in this woman, for reasons she didn't really want to dwell on.

Mikheil missed what Evelin said to Billy, but he did see that push and sighed softly. Not because he felt particularly sorry for model-material. It just was worrisome how quickly things were spiraling into chaos and he sincerely hoped that a fight wouldn't break loose. The guy didn't look like one to punch woman, but the type could be rather unpredictable and Mikheil certainly wouldn't claim to be best at reading people.

Well, he had been right enough this time and soon, Billy was giving loud and flashy speech about camp's purpose and his position here. Croat had only one reaction when he learned this freckled 'hottie' was a counselor - groan and letting his head fall down with soft thud on his arms, in a position similar to what one would take when they tried to nap at table. "I should have known..." he murmured. But maybe he would be lucky enough and they wouldn't be in the same group. If they were, this camp surely would be a disaster, with everyone grasping each word from Billy's lips, girls swooning and guys following while he (Mikheil) fell a victim to mockery.

That's just how it always went. Billy could pretend to be all just and supportive, but in the long run, he would find someone to make the butt of all jokes. And why not the weird-talking kid with nerdy hobbies that looked like a lost puppy (according to one of his ex-friends)? He would probably mix punting of the puppy with giving him a nice pet between ears, but it's not like it got any nicer because of that. Male sighed and straightened up, trying not to look too displeased. Anna didn't know he was worried about such things, it would only make him lamer. Besides, it's not like he could entirely know what this guy was like? "Fool's hope," Mikheil rebutted mentally.

He began gathering his dishes and before standing up, flashed blonde girl a smile (of course, nowhere as stunning as Billy's): "I hope we end up in same team." Moments later, he regretted it, thinking that it was way too forward and all that, but what had been said was said.

~ p o p p e t ♥, Queen_Andais, star2000shadow, Eastriel are absolutely amazing ~

Last edited by sadrain; 02-09-2014 at 08:12 PM..