View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 02-10-2014, 02:09 PM

GM MESSAGE
We could be at the dining hall for hours, but I would rather start pushing us toward the actual story so I'm advancing the story. You can wrap up your post, if you see fit, and move your character to the main field where the welcoming speech is given. The counselors will be introduced. And the first ice breaker will begin.

Was she angry? Sure, why wouldn't she be. But just who was the victim of her anger? It wasn't who you would think, truthfully. Her jaw was ajar as she watched this scene-like girl (Eve) bully the bully. Although Eve's intentions were understandable, it was no way to make a point, especially in front of the entire camp. Eve did one thing for herself. She became the bully and Billy rose to be the hero. Billy wasn't off the hook yet, though. Anna was still unsure of this guy. He was different. Calculating and wise. It would be interesting to see how their minds would work. Could he be someone she could have profound conversations with? Or would he be too cocky to stand?

Her gaze fell back across the table at Mikheil. "I really hope we are on the same team. If not, we'll have to join each other for lunch. I do believe I recall reading that all meals are a 'free for all' so we're not required to sit with our team." Offering him a smile, Anna's stare fell back on Billy. Such a strange creature, she thought. A part of her almost wanted to walk up to him and say hi. Or, better yet, challenge him to a game of sorts. Perhaps she would do that tonight? This was a camp, after all. There were bound to be games and silly things to come that night.

Reaching across the table, Anna picked up Mikheil's plate and cup. It was a thing of habit and it didn't even register to her that she was being overly polite, especially when taking out another man's trash. Still, she discarded everything properly and even managed to snag two apples and two juice boxes from a bowl. Tossing the apple at Mikheil and then handing him the juice box, the blond giggled. "C'mon, slowpoke. We don't want to be late! I saw some ducks on the lawn we're supposed to sit at. I dunno about you, but I don't want to sit in poo."

It was probably a five minute walk to the spot, but Anna was a speed walker so she made it there in half the time. Finding the perfect spot, she patted the grass beside her so Mikheil knew just where to sit. Granted, he might not be too fond of the spot for she picked right up from and to the right.

"Now now, don't be shy," spoke an elderly Japanese man. "Come closer like these youngsters," he said to the other students who were trying to fill up the back. Coaxing them forward with this hands, he finally got everyone to shift a good two feet forward. Mikheil and Anna were no longer the only ones in the front row, which probably put the bashful guy at ease.

Seeing him look around, Anna playfully poked his shoulder. "Stop being a guppy, Mik*" It was as if she could sense his jitters. Truthfully, though, she was just a tad nervous herself so calling Mikheil out on it only helped calm her own nerves. She half-hoped it would do the same for him.

Within no time, everyone was gathered in the area. The old man gave a speech, which, to her surprise was given in Japanese. Thankfully, a large screen was running behind him and it translated his speech in every language.

The speech was a tad long-winded, being about fifteen minutes long. A few times, Anna found herself nodding off. The sun was so warm on her back; it was almost too hard to sit still for that long. Her only saving grace was the grass below her fingers. She had been plucking it lightly and had started weaving a braid with some of the longer strands.

When the old guy finally finished up, everyone clapped. Gesturing outward, he called up each counselor one-by-one. He introduced each and everyone one, too. He even went so far as to share details about the person.

Quinn and Leslie were the counselors for Team Apostles. Quinn was from Ireland and Leslie was from New Guinea. Shi and Gracia were the counselors for Team Zodiac. Shi was from China and Gracia from Ecuador. Marco and Valeriya were the counselors for Team Knights of the Round Table. Marco was from South Africa and Valeriya from Russia.

"William Tyler Pelham is from Cape Cod, Massachusetts in the US of A. He's a Halloween baby and is currently twenty-seven years old. He's a Harvard graduate with a degree in law. He works for a prestigious law firm that deals with multi-millionaire clients. When he was younger, he wanted to grow up and become a magician." That's when Billy stepped forward and tossed his hand up to wave. Stepping back, the old man continued. "Suzanna Alvey hails from Manchester, England. She was born July 11th and is turning twenty-five soon. She's currently working as a tattoo artist and she does this because she wants to help people find themselves. Her co-worker tells me that she's always willing to listen and is very kind at heart. Some of her childhood teachers informed me that they could see her as a nurse, but support her decision to be an artist." His hand advanced Suzanna forward, which allowed her to gesture, if she choose. When she stepped back, the old man clasped his hands together and smiled. "These two are the counselors for Team Olympians."

A round of applause followed and, before long, the counselors were huddled together. Clearly, they were about to begin the first wave of ice breakers. This gave all the campers a few seconds to digest what just happened and even make some effortless pleas as to which team they wanted to be on.

Anna turned to Mikheil. "All the teams sound fun. I wonder which one we'll get tossed into. Any preference, if you could pick? The Zodiac sounds fun. Or the Knights of the Round table!"

All was going as planned. Now huddled in a circle with the other counselors, Billy elbowed Suzanna. "I think we should start with Rock-Paper-Chicken. From there, we can split into groups and do are own games." Someone asked him which games they were picked. "Suzanna mentioned that she liked the ball toss game. I'm doing the one I taught all of you. You know, the spelling game."

Breaking away, the counselors all seemed to stare at Billy. Had he really just been nominated to lead this group ice breaker? Giving it a shrug, he turned toward the campers.

"All right, folks," he whirled around to make sure the translation screen was working. It was. "We're going to start with a game called Rock-Paper-Chicken. The game is done over Rock-Paper-Scissors. For those of you who don't know the game, please watch Shi and Gracia." The two other counselors explained the hand game.

"This is what you'll be doing, but there's more to this game than just that. You also have to evolve. Yes, evolve. You see, you're all going to start as bouncing eggs." This time Marco and Suzanna demonstrated alongside with what Billy was saying. "After you play your RPS, the winner will evolve. You'll hatch from your egg and become a mighty... chicken!" Marco started flapping his arms as if they were wings. Strutting around, he pumped into Quinn who was doing the same thing. "Chickens and only duel chickens, just like eggs can only fight eggs. Now, if you win this chicken fight, you'll evolve again! Yes, into a soaring eagle." Quinn's arms extended outright and he pretended to soar around the stage. Meanwhile, Marco returned to his crouched position and went to duel Suzanna again. "If you lose any battle, you go back to being an egg. So your goal is to win, win, win!" Another eagle, Valeriya, stepped forward. She and Quinn battled and then, Valeriya turned to Billy to announce her new role. "If you win your eagle match, you evolve into a... well, I'm not sure how this is possible, but a Tyrannosaurus Rex!" Valeriya's arm hugged her body and her two fingers (index and middle) were curved outward. Stopping around the stage, she approached Leslie. The two played and Valeriya won. Jumping into the air, she tossed up some victory symbols before smiling. "The first person to become a 'human' wins."

He could see all these eyes blinking up at him. Chuckling, he jumped from the stage and found his way into the mix of students. "Well, what are you waiting for. Find an egg, exchange names and home countries, and battle. Oh, and while you're at it, share something you love."

Soon, all the campers and counselors were bouncing around with their knees bent and trying to play rock-paper-scissors without laughing too much.

*Mik: M+hick is how Anna's pronouncing it.

PLAYING THE GAME

To determine what your "gesture" will be, we'll be using this. Note that 1 = Rock, 2 = Paper, 3 = Scissors.
HTML Code:
[dice]3[/dice]
If you could put your roll at the beginning or end of your post, that would great. Also, thanks to Duke's testing, you should be able to go back and edit your post without losing your original roll. If for some odd reason it does change, just go by your first roll.

I don't expect these posts to be super long. Don't feel like you have to post with the played characters in this RP. You can interact with NPCs. You can do a double roll for any NPC you go up against. Because, you know, losing to the computer is totes possible. B|

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene

Last edited by Xavirne; 02-10-2014 at 04:10 PM..