View Single Post
blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby, like a reason why.

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 04-09-2015, 02:56 AM

The chase continued on for a several minutes. Cináed had complete let his lion instincts take over, clouding his mind and preventing him to notice that this rabbit was more than just food. He was important because he was the Earth Elemental’s partner. It was rare for the Fire Elemental to allow such urgent matters escape his knowledge. Sadly this was one of those rare times and things were not to end well. Soon the Ryota tripped over a root, stumbling into the clearing just ahead. A grin spread across the lion’s face.

Within moments Cináed reached where Ryota had stopped rolling. He pounced onto his prey. The white lion’s might jaws snapped down onto the defenseless Earth Elemental’s partner. All Ryota felt was a sharp pain and then it was over, Cináed taking the rabbit’s precious life away. It wasn’t until after the deed was done that the Fire Elemental realized what he had done. He froze were he stood over what was left of the poor rabbit. He didn’t even notice Gaia when she crashed into the clearing.

Closing his eyes the lion finally sat, letting out a saddened roar. “What have I done?” The words were soft and quiet. The Fire Elemental couldn’t believe he let his animal self completely take over and it lead to this. What was he going to do now? He had taken the life of another’s partner causing them pain they should not have to go through. Cináed’s head lowered, he was full of shame and grief. He could only pray that this person’s partner, Gaia, would understand and that his own partner, Roshan, wouldn’t discover the bloody and ghastly sight of his deed.

-------------------------------
GM Note: Ryota is dead. Cináed took his life without realizing his mistake. Gaia is now in pain and has no partner. Later on Gaia will be allowed to gain a new partner.

--------------------------------

There was a gentle smile on the man’s lips as he looked down at the young woman. “You’re welcome.” She was calming down just as he had hoped she would. Rufio allowed her as much time as she needed to accept his offer of helping her. “Well then let’s get you back to the main trail shall we?” His arm slide from around Aya’s petite frame. With his other hand he motioned towards the Southeast. The man stepped away from her and moved to the tree he had been leaning against when they first met.

The hunter picked up his bow and quiver, slinging them over his shoulder. “This way my dear,” he extended his left hand out to her. The one good thing about traveling this this woman whether she was connected to elementals or not was that at least he wasn’t really having to go out of his way to help her. Later in the day he was to meet up with his partner Alister at a hut not far from the main trail.

Once Aya placed her hand within his they would be off. It would take them a little while to reach the main trail, but that would give him time to strike up some conversation with the young woman. Maybe find out exactly she was out here in the middle of the forest.

-------------------------------

Hen Tai snickered at Alister’s comment of him being up to his games. He was always playing one of his games. What better way was there for an old man such as himself to pass the time when he wasn’t playing advisor to The King? “Always, dear friend, always.” At the younger man’s next words he merely nodded, knowing well what he meant by them.

“That it is indeed. Can’t let the man have peace. Not when it’s his first day back in over two weeks.” There was a large grin on the old man’s face. Hearing the door to the harem open he scrambled to move to behind Alister where he would go unnoticed, at least for now. Quietly he listened in as the two brothers spoke. Alister gave Alaric a full report of what happened in his absence.

Just as Alister finished his report Hen Tai moved from behind the younger man and into view. “Good Morning your majesty. I will give you my report at our normal meeting time since you are rather busy.” Without another word the strange old man gave a bow and left. A grin on his lips as he walked down the hallway.

----------------------------------

The man quirked an eyebrow at his brother’s comment and took the paperwork. It annoyed the man that it appeared as though his brother didn’t think he worked. Before he could object Alister quickly started going over everything that happened while he was away. Alaric listened, nodding every so often. Mentally the male took notes of the things he would have to address later in the day.

Alaric’s crimson eyes met with Alister’s blue ones once he was finished with his report. “That is all I need from you, Alister.” His tone was cold and emotionless. Get out of my sight. Those were the words he wanted to say, but knew it would be unwise. At least right now it would be. “Go back to whatever it is that you do. I’ll call for you when I need your assistance again.” The man knew well that he would probably need his brother to either double for him again or to do some other job for him soon.

Hen Tai hadn’t went totally unnoticed by Alaric. “Morning Tai. That is fine. I expect them to be good.” The king turned on his heel and disappeared down the opposite hall. First he made a stop at his office to drop off the paperwork from Alister before heading to his queen’s cambers.

Lightly he knocked on the door to his lovely wife’s chamber after ordering the guards to leave. "Kalypso.

Will you draw my OCs?

Last edited by blueblackrose; 04-10-2015 at 03:59 AM..