Thread: I need pointers
View Single Post
Wavi
Awesome doesn't even begin to explain me~

Old 05-24-2012, 12:45 PM

I wouldn't worry so much about not being good at it. It's not something you can really judge. An idea that's brilliant to me might be the dumbest idea to you. Something you think is just so freaking awesome could be viewed as lame by someone else. With so many personalities and likes, it's hard to judge what'll be a hit and what'll be a miss. You just have to take a stab at it and run with it. As the story goes along and if you find yourself growing bored of it, talk to your partner(s). Sometimes they have great ideas that'll help you get interested in the story again. If not, just apologize and scrap the idea. I do that all the time. I'll start something and be like, "Well, this was fun for a while, but I'm sick of it now. Sorry, but I'm closing this." People are sad, but they, for the most part, understand. If you're not passionate about your story, then what's the point of dragging it on?

Definitely try before you count yourself out. And, if all else fails, and you don't like being a GM (the roleplay creator), just join someone else's story. There are a ton of people on here who've never made a roleplay but they, willingly, join someone else's storyline.

With regards to being shy, I wouldn't let that bother you much. No one on here knows what you're really like as a person unless you tell them and who's to say you're not downplaying yourself or lying? Just do what makes you happy and what you enjoy. You'll find people like you on here and you'll get your own little club of friends. It's great. All you need to do is take a leap of faith and not get upset if you fail the first zillion times. It takes practice and some serious dedication but anyone can do it if they put their mind, heart, and soul into it.