View Single Post
Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 11-24-2017, 08:37 PM

Meh. That may just be your perception from a different era of Menewsha. tbh.

As long as it's not complete XXX, full of curse-words/ hate speech or a long direct copy unquoted post it's been a looong time since mene was super strict with what people post. Even then someone has to report you for offending them for any of the more serious actions to be taken. We mostly give friendly warnings now.

Goodness, I remember the 2007-2013 days where I was legit afraid to chat for those same reasons. I didn't feel like I was really being listened to and there were these threads around where cliques would out right snub you if you posted in them. -which is something I can't imagine now, even if it take a day for people to chat back. I felt like I was constantly walking on eggshells and couldn't express my opinions without getting jumped on or asked to leave.

I have a few hits on the ol' Infractions page myself for "spamming" Because I misinterpreted the rules of a staff game.

I think it was the Ninja/Pirate game when getting people into a thread was a part of the game. I blanket responded variations of "Check out the ninjas thread/become a ninja." Mixed in with asking people about their quests. There was a couple that had the same message by sheer volume of what I had sent out, but mostly it was varied, AND I made an effort to chat with the people in their threads before posting the dang thing. A total of 3 strikes from that in rapid succession. Almost got myself banned for trying to play that stupid game. XD (though I loved it)

It was really different back then. Lot's have mellowed when it comes to whom they're starting conversations with. I actually have a way easier time now than I did back then chatting.