View Single Post
Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 01-13-2013, 10:40 PM

"Probably not, but it gets frustrating dealing with all of the fake smiles and pleasantries, you know?" Cass added with a sigh. It was the Lords and Ladies that were the worst though; most of the heirs hadn't quite gotten to that point of deception yet. "I don't think he does them for showing off his power though. He genuinely seems to enjoy spending the resources on Mother and I." Her tone revealed that she didn't hold Crispin's comment against him, mainly because she doubted it was said with malice.

Her smile from before appeared on her face as Crispin began to lead her around to the entrance of the ship, the excitement at seeing the beauty of it casting her annoyance with politics away. Interest in what Crispin was saying was evident on her face as he led her around the ship, of which the shape seemed familiar. That was only because it shared the same elliptical shape as ninety percent of the boats currently docked in the harbor, and that was where the similarities ended.

The sudden light from the inside accompanied by Crispin's hand caught her by surprise, eliciting a chuckle as she grabbed it and allowed him to hoist her inside while the guard nearby almost suffered from another heart attack. As it was, he immediately darted over to the door with his pistol drawn, peering inside for any sign of danger whatsoever. After several moments of looking around, however, he settled against the outside of the ship, feeling that she was the safest she had been all day now that she was in a contained area.

"Oh, Crispin... it's absolutely fantastic!" Cass said after several long moments of turning in circles and trying to memorize every little detail. Most of the controls were recognizable to her, as they were used on boats as well. For example, the water globes were identical to the ones used on the wooden boats. And the wheel was the exact same, of course. The glass windows wrapping around the front promised a breathtaking view when the ship was airborne, but was obscured by the cloth covering the entire ship. While still trying to memorize what every new thing did, she continued, "You guys are amazing! And I'm sure that it will be so much better when it's fully completed!"

Unable to resist it, she wrapped him in a hug briefly before breaking away for one last look at the interior of the ship, her guard tapping to get her attention. "Crispin, thank you so much! It will be the best birthday ever, I'm sure," she said, reluctantly stepping towards the door. Father was quite insistent that she get home by ten like he had always been, though he seemed particularly protective lately. She didn't want the guard to get fired on her behalf after all. "I have to go now, but I'll see you later, Crispin! Feel free to come by for a drink or something sometime!"

As she exited the Warehouse, she couldn't help but feel a little silly for offering what she had to Crispin. It wasn't that she disliked his company, quite the opposite actually. But she knew that the chances of him coming by were minimal at best. Pinching herself for worrying over something so pointless, she stepped into the vehicle as her guards latched onto the sides using their belts before the driver began the long drive up to the Platinum district.