View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 05-13-2016, 09:17 PM

May closed her eyes and bit her lip, trying to control herself despite the pain. Everything hurt, she ached and the cuts burned. She couldn't look at her body, all the different cuts and scrapes that covered her appendages. Was she the most injured? The others seemed to be up and moving, those she could see, anyways. The world around her spun too much for her to look around, to see how bad their situation she was. Beyond the white sand below her and Will in front of her, she noticed little else. The water helped soothe her throat but what she wouldn't give for some aspirin. Or perhaps even morphine.

She tried to control herself as he did the exam, each where he touched seemed to feel good and hurt at the same time, his hands soothing the cuts but hurting the bruises. A few tears rolled down her cheeks, despite trying to hold them back. Never before had she hurt so much, she felt like she couldn't move, but sitting here was so painful she couldn't take it anymore. "I'm sorry." She mumbled, hating that she seemed so weak. "Don't worry so much about me, I'm sure the others need your help as well..."

Collin was hard at work, sure that he could remember what to do. May had laughed at him, they were not going on Survivor, they were going on a trip with other people, with tents, and equipment, and food. He hated now that it seems he had been right in his preparations. He had managed to lash together some sticks with the vines he had found among the other vegetation. He had been rather excited to see the vast array of plants, even just here at the treeline. This was where he would thrive, he could tell them what plants were safe, what were not, and perhaps he'd even find something to help with the injuries that May had.

He noticed Dr. Rider coming closer to him, carrying some large piece of fabric. "Thank you." He said as he grabbed the fabric, it would serve as much better roof than leaves and would hopefully keep them drier. He stretched the fabric over the frame, wrapping and tying it down the best he could. It was a little small, for all four of them to fit they would have to sit side by side and it would be impossible to stand, but they could lay out in it, out of the sun, and keep dry if another storm approached.

"It's not much, but it will have to do for now. I wish we had one of those tents we brought with us..." He mused while scanning the beach, looking for anything. Many things still bobbed out in the waves, perhaps caught in the low tide. Maybe high tide would bring them some more supplies. He knew they had everything they needed for a team of ten people to stay here for over a month, plus the journey home, so there had to be something left, something that survived.