⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2010, 06:02 AM

I have written you a story!
Username: Winged One
Preferred Participation Prize: Orange
Title: REAP
Submission:

SPOILERX

[00/23bh76//:;ttLMAT]::://RECORDED MESSAGE FROM: HARVESTER SURVEY SHIP: D-MAST CLASS: Mountain’s Summit – CAPTAIN: [[///ERROR TYPE 39: CORRECT ENCRYPTION CODE MUST BE SUBMITTED TO VIEW NAME\\\]]

General [[///REDACTED\\\]],

Operation Sow is turning into all we could ask for.

When we finally branched out from our crowded homeworld to colonize and develop new planets several millennia ago, we of course needed a substantial source of food to sustain our ever-growing population. This is why we enacted Operation Sow. This is why we designated select planets as Farms.

We grew food on these planets so we, as a species, would not starve.

And now, after all this time, the planet my fleet has been surveying, [[///REDACTED: IMPROPER SECURITY CODE\\\]], has reached the saturation point. This planet, designated as a Flora Fauna Farm, has been difficult to study because of a top predator forming and nearly eradicating all other animal life, so the saturation point was always neared, but never reached. However, this predator alone has now brought the Farm to saturation levels. Flora levels, while paling in comparison to fauna levels created by this predator, are likewise optimal.

Because of this unforeseen predator, there is obviously a lack of selection from this Farm for Reaping. We, my fleet, tried and tried again to intervene and keep their numbers low so variety could be preserved. However, every time an attempt to cut their numbers was made, the predator “knew” of our intervention. They felt something wrap around their arm, their hunting arm, and they quickly shook off the burden. With ease, I might add.

This species has achieved technological tier 4, an unprecedented technological level for Farm grown fauna. They may have indeed reached sentience, which raises ethical and moral questions on whether we should Reap the species and slaughter them for sustenance. However, they were indeed grown in culture as a food source, and are therefore ultimately fair for us to hunt.

I respectfully propose the following course of action:

1. C.U.R.S.E. (Carbon-Urea Ray for Sentience Elimination): Using C.U.R.S.E. on the planet may be necessary, if only to quell animal rights protestors. The C.U.R.S.E. effectively eliminates sentient thought upon contact with the species it has been tailored for (in this case, the main species which developed on this Farm). Reaping the biological entities on the Farm will therefore be more humane. The C.U.R.S.E. will also physically weaken the species. Seeing as they are the top predator on the Farm, this will be a very important factor to ensure our own safety when we start the Reaping.
2. Orbital Bombardment and Planet-Wide Weather Alteration: The species present on the Farm should be herded into small crowded areas in order to facilitate our ends. Orbital bombardment with Class 7 Vulcan MACs and weather pattern alteration should be enough to coerce the species to do just this.
3. Disease Testing: We must assure the safety of the meat and produce before we circulate it to our planets and colonies. Therefore, I strongly suggest we test samples from the flora and fauna for known diseases, as well as quality.
4. Ma$s Reaping: The Reaping process sh0uld be carri3d out from both po!es. P0sit1on b0th R3@p3r $@t3!!1t3s @t 31th3r %@#$ kopkdkkkkk [[///WARNING: CRITICAL MESSAGE CORRUPTION DETECTED\\\]]
[[///ATTEMPTING MESSAGE RESTORE…………………….........FAILED\\\]]
[[///CONTINUING MESSAGE FROM NEXT STABLE POINT\\\]]
which should leave only 10% of the original flora and fauna on the planet.
5. Exportation: Meat and produce retrieved from Reaping should be distributed via interstellar transport to individual planet redistribution organizations.
6. Hunting: Fence in animals present on Farm to restrict them to specific areas of land. Open the planet to the general public for recreational hunting.

The above process should be commenced as soon as possible.

FARM NAME: [[///REDACTED\\\]]
FARM DESIGNATION: FLORA AND FAUNA
CORE FLORA: NO DOMINANT FLORA
CORE FAUNA: HOMOSAPIEN (COLLOQUIALLY “HUMAN”)

Final notes: None, it is what it is.

Last edited by Winged One; 11-02-2010 at 06:02 PM..