View Single Post
Shania583
(・・^^^^^)~~

Old 12-08-2013, 05:00 AM

Thistle sat and watched the flames, when she heard him start speaking she didn’t even look away. When he finished just said “Don’t be sorry, I understand the situation were all in. We’re either strong enough to survive or die. I just wasn’t strong enough at the time to help.” Looking over at him she said “I planned on leaving tomorrow at some point” she paused then asked “What does the cold do to your skin? I mean I guess I’ve lived here for so long it doesn’t affect me anymore.” and looked back at the fire.

Hearing him laugh though shocked her slightly; Thistle hadn’t heard another laugh since shortly after this all started. She looked over at him once more and watched as he played with the needle, she was confused, what could he possibly be laughing about? When he finally spoke though she realized and let out a small laugh, he was right, they would make a great combo if that was what they were basing it off of. She then said “Basing it on that you would get annoyed by me or we would both die. But yes sticking together would be a smart idea, plus the company would be a great change and we could possibly be safer.” She couldn’t really understand why she was prickly; she guessed that it might be because of how separation from others had affected her. She continued to laugh a little as she looked back at the fire, it was nice, after not laughing for so long the feeling it gave her was a lot better then what it was without it.

When he spoke up again Thistle looked over slightly and saw him lying out by the fire with roofing as a cushion. She smiled slightly and said “Yeah, it should be over by the time we’re ready to head out tomorrow.” She reached over and pulled a chunk of rubble to lean on then said “I’ll take first watch; it’s easier to sleep knowing someone has your back.” She knew that he needed rest more than she did at the moment so she really had no problem with it. She could tend to the fire while he was asleep so that the place stayed warm though out the night.

Grabbing another piece of wood from the broken shelve Thistle placed it on the fire while he spoke once again. She smiled slightly saying “It’s good to hear you at least know of another. While I was there, there were no others and I left as soon as I could afterwards and came up here.” Pausing she poked at the fire then continued “I would expect there to be development, but I am far off of that. I don’t really think that I have as much potential as you think I do, I mean all I do is change the density of objects or myself. It is hardly useful then what I am already using it for.” Leaning back on the rock she smiled then said “Now you have potential, you have you senses and abilities heightened, you would be far better than I in a dangerous situation.” Looking at the fire for the last time she said “But you should really get some sleep thought you need the rest.” watching the shadows dancing across the walls of the room, creating shapes and movement. This is how she would spend her night while listening to the sounds outside of the building to listen for the storm to end and for any approaching threats.