View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 12-09-2013, 01:50 PM

Chuckling, Ryker playfully elbowed Nine. "I'm Ryker. I suppose Two works, but I feel like that just removes my soul. I might be an experiment, but I'm still just as human as everyone else. I still bleed, I still get heartburn... hell, I even get headaches!" He pointed back into the cave at Chumana. "And in case you missed her name, that's Chumana. We've been together for quite some time now. I envision my daughter would be a lot like her... had she ever been born. Although, with the bleakness of today's landscape, I'm glad she didn't have to suffer the hardships of life. I feel sorry for Ana, but I know she's a trooper. Besides, her powers help. She can, obviously, teleport. As for me? Well, I have speed on my side." In a sing-song voice he said, "Gotta go fast~!"

Those bright green eyes landed on Nine before offering him a smile. "The water that comes over the fall is drinkable. But, being new to the area, I suggest having the semi-filtered water before getting a mouthful of this stuff. It's clean, but not in the sense that some of us old-timers are used to." His brows furrowed. Oh how he missed the crystal clear water that tasted like... well, nothing. This little thought made him chortle. He was a fan of laughing, as was evident by the number of them that poured from his lips. Even in such a dark time, Ryker was able to find the light and bring out the best in himself as well as those around him.

"It's pretty safe up here. Behind the falls, our scent is masked. And the hike up here? Well it's a real trek. Not many could navigate the rocks to even land over in this cave. I'll show you how to scale the mountain at some point. But, for now, we should all just rest and enjoy the food." Reclining onto his back, he stared up at the cave's ceiling. "I suppose there are more of us," he spoke aloud to himself, "Ana's experiment 8. I'm two. Cion mentioned a five and a nine. That means we're still missing three, four, six, and seven." He scoffed, which drew a sly grin on his face. "And, of course, number one. Ah, it's been a while since I last saw Vitruvius Alpha. We split a few years ago to investigate the area. He went south. I went west. I wonder how his went hunt." Amused at the thought of crossing paths with Alpha again, the redhead let out a happy sigh. "I can't help but wonder if the doc knew something bad was forthcoming. If we were created for a purpose must larger than we all knew...." On that note, Ryker let his eyes close. He wasn't asleep, per se, but he certainly wasn't wide awake. With the warmth from the fire still lingering in the cave, he could feel his tension slowly release, which eased him. These new travelers weren't enemies. They were the beginning of a new time -- a time of survival, trust, and friendship.