View Single Post
Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 11-06-2013, 01:38 PM

Right, Well...

In the Halloween event of 2013, there was this conversation that started between Kat Magenta and myself, it went as follows: (edited for easy reading)

The ConversationX

Quote:
Star Valo - We should so totally cosplay Menewsha NPCs at a convention...
Kat Magenta - I was thinking of printing out some of those little advertising flyers. We'll both dress up as Afrodonkey.
Star Valo - Like the Pantomime horse/cow thing? WE. WILL. BE. EPIC! Leave random flyers about the bar tables!
Kat Magenta - I was imagining us both as Afrodonkeys, I hadn't thought of that. That idea is even more hilarious! I'll persuade all the drunk people to join Mene.
shinigamikarasu - Haha, all this convention talk is making me wish I could afford to go to one right now. Cosplaying mene NCPs is an interesting idea. Has anyone actually tried that yet?
Star Valo - I don't know if anyone's tries Mene Cosplaying yet, but I think I'm gonna give it a go ~nod~ Who do you guys think I should cosplay?
Belly Button - Depends on your style, I'd say. Vicky would be fun! Or Lise :D
Kat Magenta - Heh, I was going to suggest Vicky but her outfit is so complicated.
Star Valo - Vicky is the obvious choice really isn't she?
I've decided right now, MCM Expo Next year in October, I'll do a Menewsha NPC Cosplay. I figured Expo next year 'cos it'll give me a good chunk of time to work on it, it'll be my first Expo and more people to flog Mene at :3
~Idle Chat~
Star Valo - Might do LFCC instead of MCM... LFCC sounds more organised...
shinigamikarasu - Yeah, as cute as it is, Vicky's outfit is really complicated. I think Channah would be a lot of fun to cosplay.
Shadami - viky's outtfit would probably be really fun. other than the hair. xD
Star Valo - I'm thinking Vicky's outfit would potentially get me most attention, thus advertising Mene a bit more
Kat Magenta - If you were Channah you could hit people with handbags.
Star Valo - Kat, will you be my Channah?
Kat Magenta - I'll start working on my beehive.
Star Valo - I could start a thread in the Art section, like a Journal as I work on the cosplay

I think My Head's decided on Vicky

If that was too long for you, it's effectively discussing Cosplay and who I should cosplay to try and Promote Menewsha at MCM London October Expo or Winter London Film and Comic Con.

This thread is mostly for me to keep a track of my cosplay, as it's Menewsha based, and for input, feed back and any help from you menewshans :3

Details
I am a 21 year old cosplayer from England, often going under the Badge name "Star Valo"
This Cosplay is an attempt to promote Menewsha in a more unique and eye catching way.
I am unsure which Con I will be wearing Vicky to, but it will be either MCM October Expo, London, or London Film and ComicCon
This Cosplay will be worn in 2014, giving me one year to complete it
I am a Perfectionist, especially when it comes to Cosplay
Certain aspects of Vicky's outfit will be altered for Easy, Comfort and practicality, but Overall I should have a pretty accurate resemblance

I WILL ask you guys for help, and I will create business cards to hand out at the convention

Last edited by Star Valo; 11-06-2013 at 02:52 PM..