View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 06-03-2015, 12:59 PM

"Yup, yup," Sycom said while steadying himself on Vex's arm. "Thought I will never get used to this. Time travel, insane speeds, I swear the world just loves to make my head spin." Butting his head against hers, he covered his mouth to laugh (he didn't want her to smell his foul breath!).

Reaching into his pocket, he popped a mint in his mouth before pacing back and forth. Every now and again, he would glance at the sitting couple.

"They don't look familiar,"
he said before stopping. "And I scanned all personnel before they joined the SFA. But," his orbs narrowed as he glared at the two, "I just can't picture them."

When Masuyo thanked them, Sycom smirked. "Don't thank us yet, kids. We've an issue. You see," he pointed between he and Vex, "we're looking for escaped criminals and corrupt SFA employees. I made a tracking device that locks onto purium signatures and the supernatural. For some odd reason, your readings -- your auras -- keep flashing 'supernatural' on my screen. And I can tell, just by looking at you, that you're not the monsters we call 'supernatural.' So I'm flummoxed. Why are my sensors telling me you're a monster when, very obviously, you're human."

Sycom didn't go into detail as to why he was looking for such people though. Truthfully, revealing that he and Vex were being charged with treason and terrorism was a bad idea, especially at this point. Since the fall of the SFA and the issues with the government, the pair had been hunting other purium-infused humans with the hopes of removing their powers. The government sought to turn these purium-humans into weapons of war and that just wouldn't do. To prevent war, they had to turn criminal and hunt those that most would hail as hero, despite being rehabilitated criminals.

Stepping closer, the minty breathed man grabbed Ryker's jaw in his hands. Shining a flashlight, which turned on from the frames of his glasses, he scanned the redhead's eyes. When he was done with Ryker, he did the same thing to Masuyo.

"Yeah, nothing. They've no mutation nor corruption in the lens. I can't figure this one out." Again, he resumed his pacing before dropping both hands on his hips. "Okay, spill. You've supernatural speed. How and where did you get it. Did you illegally extract the genes of a monster? Or salvage purium off a corpse?" Although his tone was friendly, his stance was very demeaning and authoritative.

With a gulp, Ryker scrunched his shoulders. "Honestly, I don't know what you're talking about. What's purium? Who's the SFA?" Looking to his two-toned haired partner, he gave her a perplexed look. "Right now, you two sound crazy."

"Don't toy with us, kid." Sycom peered over his glasses and his eyes glowed a brilliant cyan color. "If you're not going to talk, I'll get the answers from you one way other another."

Frantically waving his hands in front of him, Ryker pleaded for mercy. "No, please, I'm not trying to be difficult. I just... I don't think we're from the same timeline. This is going to sound insane but--" he paused when he felt a hand touch his. Masuyo was shaking her head. "I," he pouted before shrugging; "I don't think we're from this time."

The second the word time rattled off his tongue, Sycom turned toward Vex. Pulling her in, his whispered so only she could hear him. "Time. Not from this time. Do you think it possible that your watch was warped into another era and he brought it back? I mean, the watch has been missing and it could explain the weird anomalies we've been facing."

Peering over his shoulder, he scoffed. "And what makes you think that." Sycom figured he might as well dig deeper before assuming too much.

"Well, Masuyo and I were on the run. We were being hunted. We stumbled upon my old home and while looking for food, we found some old photos. More digging and we found a--" again, Masuyo nudged him.

"What," he muttered beneath his breath. Leaning in, he inquired why she kept cutting him off. "Why can't I tell him we're related or what we found a watch? What's the worst that could happen?"

While the two kids whispered amongst themselves, Sycom returned his gaze to Vex. "Something's fishy. I don't know what it is but we need to keep an eye on them."