View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 06-30-2015, 07:31 PM

"Do you honestly think we would believe that load of horse shit?" Sycom's teal orbs seemed to shrink as the rage within swelled. "Do you even know who we are and what we're capable of doing?" Just as Sycom uttered those words, a looming gray storm cloud rolled in and began to crack. Thunder shook the earth and seconds later, a bolt of lightning struck in the distance.

Now most would assume that Sycom could control the weather at this point. Ryker, being a decedent of the man, knew such was not the case. Instead, he just merely smirked at the sheer irony of it all.

"Yes, I'm well aware of who you are. You're Sycom and you're Vex. You're heroes as far as the world is concerned. You fight for equality and seek to repair the damage caused by unforeseen enemies." Ryker's voice was every bit not afraid. As he spoke, he did so boldly and with confidence. If he recalled anything from the stories, Sycom was the kind of man that enjoyed someone with balls and the will-power to back a play.

Continuing on, Ryker stood so that he took looked threatening (it helped that he was tall). Crossing his arms over his chest, the redhead spoke. "And that's the truth. If you don't like it, fine. Don't believe it. But there's no alternative to the story. We're here. And we don't know where here is. Last we knew we were back in the D.C. area by the large shopping mall. And I don't even know how many days ago that was."

Sycom, whose lips pulled back to form a growl, seemed displeased by Ryker's rather cocky display. The kid knew enough to make him dangerous and, much to Sycom's dislike, had a secret to keep and hide.

"Let's say I believe this story of yours. Why would they," he gestured down to the facility, "want you two?"

"You said it yourself," Ryker dropped the haughty pose and his shoulders dropped some in a rather carefree manner. "We've powers. I know the people of D.C. wanted our heads served on a silver platter. We were supposed to help them, save them. Instead, plans went astray and shit hit the fan. Before we knew what happened, we were being run out of the city with shotguns and pitchforks." Pinching the bridge of his nose, the ginger grunted. "Honestly, we had no idea we were walking into an ambush. These monsters, huge, indescribable monsters, came out of nowhere. They're like... beasts from another world. They wiped out our team. If I wasn't as fast as I am, and if Masuyo didn't use her abilities, we'd be dead too."

Giving Sycom a crestfallen glance, he sighed. "Listen, we're not the enemy. We're trying to save this planet just as much as you two. We were given these gifts for a reason. We were given a chance to do something."

As Ryker spoke, Sycom paused to simply look the kid over. Each word forever embedding itself in his brain.

"Look, you don't have to like us. You don't even have to trust us. But please, please know we're not the enemy. We're lost, confused. But we're not evil. We've no interest in hurting either of you--or even anyone for that matter. We just want to get home and try to right the wrongs that were cast upon us."

In silence, Sycom flicked his orbs toward Vex. He said not a word for there was a lot of information to process. And, frankly, he wasn't even sure what to say. Let alone do.