View Single Post
blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby, like a reason why.

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 07-11-2015, 05:51 AM

Masuyo growled back at Vex. “This is your fault. I don’t always have control of my power.” When the tip of the blade bit more at her neck, she did her best to stay calm. Before she could spit a few choice words at the silver haired woman or attempt to fight back Ryker had come to her rescue. She was no long against his back, instead her partner held Vex with the same knife she used against Masuyo to her throat. The raven shook her head slightly, but there was the hint of a smile on her lips due to the scene before her.

Able to relax a bit the raven took control of her powers to start making herself visible again. As she did so she touched her neck where the blade had bit into it to reveal a small amount of blood. It seemed that the vixen hadn’t been playing around. Watching her eyes narrowed, letting Ryker do the talking for now.

The reaction from Ryker was an expected one. Vex was quite calm despite having been so easily disarmed and now being the one held with a knife to her throat. It seemed a little funny how one of her own weapons was being used against her. “Ah so the quiet little bird is yours, how sweet.”

Sycom would have easily picked up on the calculating look within those pale lavender orbs of hers as she gave him a reassuring glance. A sly grin formed on her lips as Ryker spoke. “Angle? Darling my angle is merely to find out the truth.” She had already made it quite clear that unlike her partner she would do so by whatever means she deemed necessary.

Once released Vex moved to pick up her knife. Pale lavender orbs never leaving the couple that stood before her. There was still a hint of the grin she had earlier still on her features. So far the redhead was proving to be an interesting fellow and she was sure that there was more to the quiet little raven as well. The silver haired woman moved closer to Sycom, her movements intentional to show she didn’t pose a threat at the moment.

When Ryker returned to her side Masuyo stayed close to him. “I have to agree. You save us only to do this? What the hell?” Again the woman was mostly visible where she stood. Her hazel eyes moved back and forth between Sycom and Vex. “You’re not the only ones that want answers or can make threats.”

Sycom’s words made sense, but still how did they know they could really trust these two? Masuyo met Ryker’s glance and nodded. “Yes, prove it.” She took a step forward so that she was standing directly in front of her partner. “We’re both growing tired of playing games, of being treated unjustly and threatened. We will fight back.”

The look that Sycom shot Vex caused her to sigh. She knew that look even though he had only used it a few times. Hesitantly she returned his look with one of her own. It was one of those 'yes, but we shouldn’t let our guard down'. It was times like this that made her realize why she hadn’t followed the same path as their ex-comrade Reino. If she had there was no telling what fate would have befallen her partner since he usually failed at giving off an aura of hostility or making some of the harder decisions. That’s what he had her for though, to do what he could not.

Just as he suspected Vex did start to call him out on caving too soon. “Sycom, I don’t think…” The woman fell silent when she seen the look in his eyes. He already knew what she was going to say so there was no need to say more. “Fine, we’ll do it your way.” It was clear she wasn’t happy with the decision he made.

The silver haired woman gave Ryker a cold look when his eyes flickered to her. In her own subtle way it was a threat to let him know she wasn’t going to be as nice about things as Sycom. “Go ahead,” she sighed, knowing full well that the man would start to tell their story at least the short version of it, skipping most of how they got to this point.

While Sycom explained Vex went back to scanning the area a bit, this time staying where she stood. She chuckled a bit. The way he said things made it sound almost heroic and noble. At times she questioned what they did, but usually it only took one little reminder of the hell she’d been through to know what they were doing was right.

Masuyo watched and listened. She chuckled lightly at how the two redheads sighed almost identical to each other. “So that’s where you get that from,” she whispered mostly to herself. Her attention mostly stayed on Sycom as he spoke. The silver haired woman didn’t seem as interested as she had before. Maybe because she had been refrained from using force?

“Wait…you started a war against who or what? Also what do you mean by your creations? Do you mean people with powers…like experiments?” The raven wasn’t quite sure she understood correctly. Of course history had never been one of her strongest subjects. For a moment she glanced at Ryker. She was sure that Ryker understood more than her, especially since he was descendant from those two. “Basically what you’re saying is that you’re rebelling against the government to save humanity, right?”

Lavender eyes fell onto Masuyo as she questioned what Sycom had said. "Experiments...that might almost be putting it nicely. Yes, they were experiments in a way. Sycom's creations are...how do I put this. They were to be used to keep those who didn't want to get their hands dirty from getting their hands dirty. Seemed like a good enough idea since those chosen were criminals according to the Threat Level system. Expendable guinea pigs." Her expression grew more distant. "Those experiments started out as innocent, as something to do good, but unfortunately evil was at the very beginning that cause the creations to be made to begin with. In the end we were all just puppets doing what the government wanted without even knowing it until it was almost too late."

Even as she answered Vex fought back painful memories and the hatred she still held deep within her for the government and even herself for what happened when they brainwashed her. That was something she would never forget or forgive. "They may have started all of this, but we will finish it." She paused, her gaze moving back to the couple. “Now can you understand our demanding? We need to know who and what you are.”

“Plus I want to know more about this time travel. We only know of one person with that kind of ability…” Vex glanced to Sycom before saying more. None, other than herself and Sycom knew her watch was still missing and without it she wasn’t able to use her Purium’s powers. “So how did you do it? How did you get here from another time if that’s what really happened to you?”

Will you draw my OCs?

Last edited by blueblackrose; 07-12-2015 at 04:00 AM..