View Single Post
For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-20-2015, 01:51 AM

My family is all from up here, but my parents moved to Louisiana before I was born.

To be honest, I miss more things about Rhode Island when I was down in Louisiana than the other way around. I mean, obviously there's some things, like my family and a few foods, but for the most part, I'm happy here...except that it's supposed to snow again this weekend and people are about to lose their minds!

I hate required reading. I'm one of those people who just stops when I don't enjoy things. I totally fudged my way through a few orals and essays when I couldn't force my way through the material in school. >_> But hey, Wuthering Heights could be the best book ever! Worth a try.

That's because people cannot comprehend something so outside of their own experience. I mean, look at our reaction to something as simple as someone not liking a food we love.

"You don't like broccoli?! What? How can you not like broccoli! That shit is delicious!"
"But I just don't like it. It's gross."
"You just haven't tried it in the right dish! You'll see!"

Or cats.

"How can you not like cats! Cats are THE BEST PET EVER!"
"But I hate how they use a litter box and jump on things and spread their toxoplasmosis germs. And the claws! I don't like being clawed by animals that depend on me."
"Oh, but they're so sweet! The internet is made of cats! I love cats. I have NINE!"
"That's great, I still don't like them."
"I just don't understand how you can't like cats!!!!"

Or sexuality.

"Liking guys and girls, isn't that greedy? Just pick one."
"I can't. Sometimes I'm attracted to a guy and sometimes to a girl."
"But why? That doesn't make sense."
"That's just what I'm attracted to."
"I don't understand!"

Point of this all, as much as we'd like to understand, understanding is not our job. Our understanding has no bearing on someone liking broccoli, not liking cats, or being bisexual. It's going to happen regardless of our opinion. So just accept it. Or shut up.

Even though we like to push it around here for the sake of conversation. But yeah, mostly it's people talking to hear themselves talk or make themselves feel important and authoritative. That's just how it is.

I'd like to see Kingsman again. It came out last month in England, so there's already a lot of clips and gifs circulating the internet. The fandom machine is getting fired up and starting to draw fanart.