View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:45 PM

( No worries! Things took an interesting turn... On a separate note, have you been enjoying the RP so far?)

As he heard the other's voice pip up as he walked into view, Amory was thoroughly surprised to feel something of a wave of relief. Yes, a wave of relief. He should be frustrated, upset with himself-- he had very well just blown his cover, for crying out loud! Though he did suppose it had at least captured the other's attention, and at least Amory hadn't made it clear what his job description quite was. Maybe he could still play this off to his benefit. Maybe it could work. At least that pathetic civilian act didn't have to go on any longer. A small grin playing across his face at the amusement he found in this, Amory lifted his arms and stretched his slender figure, as if with a yawn, but more of to relax himself and loosen up his joints after that experience.

Only after that little stretch did Amory straighten himself up, squaring his shoulder to look over at Reese, one of his hands absent-mindlessly tendering his sore ribs. Letting out a low chuckle, he shrugged. "Hey, ya can't quite blame a guy wanting to know who saved his skin. That was a remarkable shot, after all." He replied casually enough, his tone much smoother than before, having more of a straight edge as there was actual weight put into what he said this time. His expression was focused, eyes trained on the other man, but this was a matter of caution, not of suspicious play. Amory felt much more like himself in this moment, and though he wished this situation hadn't played out as it had, he retained a sense of straightforward casualty with the other.

With the next words he went to answer, he hoped this casualty would prove helpful. "No, I wasn't here for action, maybe just as you said. I happened into the wrong place. I wasn't expecting ruthless thugs out yet this morning," he spoke honestly, not having been expecting to have to defend himself not attack anyone. He had been there to see what Reese was up to, but that didn't need to be said. "'Else I wouldn't have needed the help with them." He added a few moments later, casting his gaze down to the three bodies still lying beside him, one of his hands moving to plant itself on his hip as he did so. When his gaze lifted back to Reese, his other hand moved to brush his unruly black bangs from his forehead.

"I don't reckon you weren't here on business. Thanks for lending me a hand, anyway," he said with a soft sigh, picking up his blood-spattered briefcase. Lifting the sleeve of a dead man's arm, he casually wiped it off to reveal the black sheen of the leather once more. He walked towards the other casually, as to leave the alleyway, careful to not invade Reese's space. He didn't want to come off as a threat; that was not his purpose. "Coffee? It's on me. I can't handle a morning like this without it." He offered, one foot out of the alley, the other still in it's shadows as he cast a side glance at the other man. It was an innocent offer, but one he hoped to be intriguing enough to coax him into.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 08-12-2014 at 09:33 PM..