View Single Post
Triquetra
I am the kinda person that runs into a wall and apologizes.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:13 PM

"The lightning strikes and the wind cuts cold
Through the sailor's bones, to the sailor's soul
'Till there's nothing left that he can hold
Except the roaring ocean"

She was singing a bit to herself. Filling the silent void the outdoors would sometimes have over everything in its way. Meri had a few good chucks before she heard a couple of footsteps coming.

"But I am ready for the storm, yes oh ready I'm
I'm ready for the storm, I'm ready for the storm"

She could tell they were human from the way who ever it was walked. She stopped chopping away at the poor animal, whom by now was missing most of his side and good parts. Turning her head, she met the eyes of Danny. Who understandably seemed whiter than the daisy's growing in the fields. Merilyn merely smiled. He was sweet to offer help, and Merilyn would have accepted it if she was convinced he was not going to faint when seeing a stomach. Quite literally mind you.

"Maybe you would prefer a seat around the tree?" Meri suggested, pointed to the side of the tree where he would be able to see her and not the dead animal hanging out with her. "Keep me company, no?" A slight smile came to her face before she stood up, waiting for Danny to take a seat before flipping the animal over. It probably weighted close to seventy-five pounds now. She re-positioned herself, beginning her cutting again. Even if they would not eat it all, there was no sense in killing something and letting it go to waste.

"My name is Merilyn O'Neill. Duchess of Dublin. I would shake your hand, but you know." She said with a short laugh. Of coarse this sort of thing was normal for her. Hunting got rid of all the butterflies in her stomach about this get-together. She looked up to see the sun beginning its decent over the horizon. Wondering slightly where the time had gone.

"Does the sun set earlier here or something?"

-----------

Alistair, as well as everyone else in the room was shocked by the intrusion of the new girl. She was rude and rather manly. Woman in this house should really know their place. In the kitchen! (xD) Or cleaning, or spending their husband's money. Everyone including Alastair, seemed to overwhelmed by her presence to say or do anything. That was until Danny acted, before stepping out of the door that other crazy girl came threw. On the bright side there seemed to be a few normal girl's around.

He did look up to the horizon, wondering when the Irish peasant would return with their proper meal. "On the bright side, if this is not enough to fill you, we will be having Venison later in the evening." Oh how he wished to add how a crazy huntress came in eariler... Oh why not.

"The huntress, as I think we all nicknamed her came in eariler claiming to have made a kill."