View Single Post
Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 02-10-2021, 04:47 AM

Sophie promptly shook her head at the officer's follow up question about Vera pulling something like this in past. "I've known Ms. Vera for a few years now, she's the one who gave me the job, so we work together pretty regularly, but I wouldn't consider us friends or anything.. But she hasn't started this until recently." She spoke softly, doing her best to keep her voice calm and level. She lowered her eyes to the table when the officer mentioned that Vera could be in a lot of trouble, and her lips pressed together to keep still. Why would she..

She blinked as her thought process shifted amd her brows knit together. Boyfriend? "There's a club a couple of blocks from here, behind us in the alley that I pass when I head home. When I was walking back to our apartment, I noticed her go inside with a guy. That's about when she started neglecting the bakery.." She spoke softly, remembering the guy clearly. He was with the guy who had gotten rough with her the other day. Was it possible she set them up, for a man she'd been picked up by at the club? She really didn't want to think of that possibility, but it was there.

"Ms. Vera would never.. Would she?" Sophie asked no one in particular, she wasn't really expecting and answer, but she always tried to see the best in people, amd Vera was someone she trusted. She trusted all of her coworkers.

---

Derek smirked some as Pedro seemed to take his advice seriously. "Right." He said quietly, his thoughts focusing on the club he used to go to. Derek tensed as Pedro's voice heightened, but he relaxed as no one seemed to have heard him. "Try to keep it down or risk getting caught." He warned quietly before continuing to the back side of the building. "They wouldn't be stupid enough to be hanging out around here right now." He said with a smirk.

"But.." He voice, spotting a familiar leather jacket on the ground and frowning some before slowly picking it up.