View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-29-2021, 05:29 PM

Tai's eyes went wide and he pulled Sophie's hands into his lap before the officer could manage his own reply. "Wait, wait! You said you didn't know who attacked you. If it was like this, you should have said so sooner!" He had to suppress a shiver at the thought of what happened to Sophie. She talked about it like it wasn't anything serious. But he also knew how rattled she was. It had made him suspicious of all these bad events clumping together. Now, it seemed like all of those suspicions were coming true. Breathing deep so he could keep his voice even, he offered Sophie another smile. "I'm sorry I spoke like that. I just want to keep you safe."

The offer nodded his head, seeming to finally recover from his own shock. "Ma'am, I know this is hard for you. There isn't anyone who wouldn't be rattled by what happened, but I'm going to need you to start from the beginning. This man is starting to look like a really bad person. We'd like to get him off the streets as soon as possible. Will you please tell me what happened the night you were attacked?"

~~~

Pedro was frowning too, both because of the situation and his own inability to understand it. "Maybe...maybe he didn't fight with the lady? Maybe he fought with his friends?" The jacket seemed to belong to the main troublemaker of the group but he had friends who could have been around too. But why fight with them? Nothing about the situation made sense. Keeping the jacket tucked under his arm, he considered what they should do with what they found. "Should we leave this here for the cops or should we put it somewhere they can see if more easily?" It had been pretty deep in the bushes so he could understand how the jacket got missed in the first place. "But I agree. We should go find the lady they're all looking for."