Thread: Heart Code
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-27-2021, 11:41 PM

Kaede didn't know how long he wallowed in his own self-loathing but a ding finally left him lifting his head. On the largest screen at his work desk, a message flashed in neon green letters. He stared for a long second before dropping into his rolling chair, opening it despite the name displayed at the top.

Sender: Pietro Mendoza
[6:17pm May 27 20XX]

Kaede, my old friend, it's been a really long time, hasn't it? How are things in Hokkaido? I was beginning to think you off and died since you never get in touch with us anymore! Sorry, sorry. Poor joke. Anyway, I just received your request for the custom circuits. If it's you, I can get to work right away, anything that you want. Just send the specs in an attachment. If it's not too much, I should be able to deliver it by the week's end so you better keep your calendar open!

Kaede scowled at the message, his fingers already flying over the keys in response.

Sender: Kaede Asakawa
[6:19pm May 27 20XX]

Just send a delivery bot or use that shitty apprentice of yours. Don't come over every time!

Sender: Pietro Mendoza
[6:19pm May 27 20XX]

;) No way. I'll be over as soon as I can! You can’t say no to your own best friend~

Smashing the offline button, Kaede launched himself out of his seat again and flung the lab door open. Best friend, his ass! "Everyone! The entire house must be cleaned this week! Someone get me a broom!"