View Single Post
OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to OriginalSin Send a message via Yahoo to OriginalSin

Old 07-03-2015, 05:01 PM

"Mmh, that sounds wonderful! As long as Roland doesn't mind that is?" she laughed. Rose really was the mother figure around here, and Eliza could tell that from all the shouting she did. Roland seemed to be in trouble every time Eliza looked at him. She finished her tea in silence and listened to what Roland had to say about the storms. When Rose left the room, Eliza looked over at him and gave him a shaky smile. "Do you think I'll be okay out there? I've never been in a storm before, I don't want you to think I'm a wimp if I get scared" she said, hoping for some reassurance that the storms weren't actually as bad as she suspected them to be.

Sitting quietly for a moment, Eliza began to ponder what lay ahead for them. She still wasn't sure whether her money was any good and she certainly didn't know what the journey would be like or who she would meet along the way. If they were all as welcoming and kind as Roland, she would be fine, but for some reason Eliza suspected that they weren't all like him. He was different, she didn't know how, or why, but she knew he was special. Having only encountered a select number of people, Eliza had developed a sense for the good ones, but Roland seemed to surpass all of her thoughts of what a good person should be. She watched him eat his cake and she found herself smiling. He's the first person to ever make me smile for no reason she realised, and then looked down quite embarrassed hoping that Roland hadn't seen her silly grin.

Eliza cleared away the plates from the table and went into the kitchen where Rose was packing Roland's bag with all sorts of foodie things. "I don't mean to sound cheeky, but is there any chance I could get a change of clothes for the road? I just don't want to be washing my others whilst not wearing anything, she blushed and let out a nervous giggle.