View Single Post
Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 09-01-2011, 11:27 PM

Hello Hummy!

It's been a bad few weeks for our pets. Last week my husband & our house cat had an accident. I'm not sure who got hurt worse, hubby twisted his back & the cat ended up losing one of his upper canine teeth.

We had a stray who had some kittens & I had gotten rather attached to them. She had 2 black kittens (Andre & Fezzik), 1 grey one with strips (Inigo - changed his name to Samhain), & 1 mixed up kitty (Vizzini). Every few years I name a bunch of the strays with names from the movie the Princess Bride.
Inigo got changed to Samhain because he looks so much like a stray we had many years ago who showed up on Halloween night.
Vizzini is cute, but he reminds me of a Mogwai (Gizmo from Gremlins), he is all ears & has a lot of hair coming out of his ears.
Fezzik went missing about a month ago.
Then yesterday when I was leaving for work my hubby found Andre dead, someone had ran over him. T_T
I always seem to get really attached to the black cats. Losing Andre really depressed me, he was my favorite.

We end up with a lot of strays because we have some bad neighbors who leave their pets when they move. We end up with the cats & another neighbor ends up with the dogs. There are many rental properties there & when they move or get evicted they don't bother to take their pets. I can't believe people can act like that.