View Single Post
~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 10-20-2012, 03:07 AM

The wind kicked up more sand as Audry slowly made her way east through a lengthy desert. She had no idea where she was heading, just that she had a job to do. And she knew she could do it very well, but this sand storm had slowed her progress down considerably. Another gust of wind caught the body of her dress, pulling at her and sliding her back a few steps. Two steps forward, one large wind gust back as the saying went.
"I am going to kill this weather. I am going to kill this desert. Once the sun peaks back out, my path will be smooth as glass. After I melt the sand down..." She snarled, gathering the dress's rich cloth up in her arms, she dug her heals into the sand trying to gain some traction. The wind howled louder, bringing more sand up and around the young woman. Cursing she could feel the grit getting into all the crevices of her gown, finding their way into her woven hair, irritating her soft skin. As much as she loathed caves she found herself wishing that there was one near by so she could at least escape the tormenting sandstorm.
To her astonishment the winds died down just enough for her to make out the shadow of a small shanty. It wasn't to her taste, but just a moment ago she was contemplating a cave for escape. She doubled her efforts, each step sinking into the sand and re-filling her shoes. The progress was slow but soon she had the shack in front of her; pieces of scrap metal, bits of old cars, scavenged wood pieces that were probably only there until whoever lived there needed the fuel. The door gave way easily under her forceful shove, the building was empty. Sighing deeply Audry began the meticulous task of trying to remove the sand from her dress, she dreaded to work on her hair on her own, and longed for a hot bath to soak in. But for now all she could do was wait out the sandstorm and hope it ended before dark.