Thread: SHORT STORIES!
View Single Post
MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 08-04-2013, 07:38 PM

Title: I Am Nightmare
There once was a girl no older than 17. She was a genius in every aspect of life. Math, English, Science, Art, anything you could think of she could do. But she did something stupid once, and this changed her life forever.

One of her greatest skills of all others was her way with computers and science. She wanted to do many things that would change the world for the better, but her first idea ruined the chance for her to chance to change the world.

One thing that really fascinated this girl was dreams, well more specifically the nightmares that haunted dreams. She couldn’t get enough of nightmares, reading stories of them, and scientific studies about them. But her thirst for this knowledge just wasn’t being fed. She needed more than these fictional stories and the few science studies focused on them. She needed to make more knowledge to feed her mind. So she decided to do her own experiment on nightmares. And she would use computers to do so.

Her plan was to make a computer simulation that would bring nightmares to life in a brain stimulated room. The walls would be lined with high tech wiring that would ultimately connect to the head of the person that was dreaming. Then the electrodes in the wires would feed the images flashing through the persons mind into the room, thus creating a replica of the nightmare for the girl to see.

It took months to create this technology and the girl did it all by herself, she didn’t want anyone to see it. With her mind and the advanced technology of the 25th century she made her dream a reality.

She wanted to be the first one to test this piece of equipment and she wouldn’t let anyone else touch it. But this was the beginning of her mistake, maybe if someone had known…no it probably wouldn’t have changed anything anyways. She couldn’t wait to test it out, her mind was going nuts, so she should have told some one…why didn’t she tell anyone.

She connected the wires to her head and got up on the table to lie down. She closed her eyes and pressed the button to turn the machine on. Then she drifted off into dreamland to find her nightmare. How could she be so stupid? How could she not know that it wouldn’t work? How, when she was so smart, could she not see the flaw in her work? She never came back from that nightmare.

How do I know this story you ask? Well I used to be that girl once, so long ago. I have no humanity anymore, I am what nightmares are made of now and nothing more. I am what creates your dark twisted dreams in your mind. I can bring them to life if I so please, I can torture you with them every night, or I can leave you be. I decide who gets a nightmare, because I am Nightmare.

[[(Just a random dark story that I had in my mind, to much Stephen King O.0 haha)]]