View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 08-24-2015, 11:00 PM

Josephina.... A wicked smile crept onto Edwin's face when he heard her speak her name. It was very pretty, a suitable name for one so fair. He nodded at her and almost, almost took off without another word, but he had to say something more...

"Thank you, Miss Beckett...." I will return for you shortly... his mind said but the words didn't find their way out of his mouth. It sounded too posessive. Though, he certainly was a possessive man, he didn't want to her away just yet.

He didn't bother to introduce himself to Josephina, she didn't need that information. He, instead, motioned for his knights to follow him and he galloped off in the direction that Josephina had pointed out. The only thing on his mind was simply to pay off her father and bring her home to the castle. It would certainly satisfy his queen mother and would solve the problem of the kingdom needing a new queen.

He caught sight of a man in the fields with bright, fiery red hair. Edwin called out to him,

"Joseph Beckett!?" He slowed his horse's gait until it came to a stop and he slid from his horse, approaching Joseph in the field. "Joseph Beckett? I have come to ask for your daughter's hand is marriage. I understand that she may be a very valuable asset to your family's.... " Edwin looked at the other workers harvesting in the field as he tried to think of the word to use. "... livelihood. However, I am willing to pay any price for her, good sir. Simply name your price."

It didn't occur to Prince, well, King Edwin that he was practically buying the poor woman as though she were a well bred horse. In all of his life, everything had a price and he would always get whatever he wanted simply by paying enough for it. He could have his name written in the clouds with gold should he so choose.

He eagerly awaited Josephina's father's reply for he desperately wanted Josephina.