Thread: Does God exist?
View Single Post
Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 09-25-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
King James Bible
God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.
Quote:
Holman Christian Standard Bible
The LORD is a jealous and avenging God; the LORD takes vengeance and is fierce in wrath. The LORD takes vengeance against His foes; He is furious with His enemies.
Quote:
English Revised Version
The LORD is a jealous God and avengeth; the LORD avengeth and is full of wrath; the LORD taketh vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.
The seven deadly sins include wrath and envy. So according to this bible exert found in different bibles, God sins.

Quote:
Exodus 20:5
You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me,
Quote:
Joel 2:18
New International Version
Then the LORD was jealous for his land and took pity on his people.

New Living Translation
Then the LORD will pity his people and jealously guard the honor of his land.

English Standard Version
Then the LORD became jealous for his land and had pity on his people.
This is what I don't understand. If God sins then should he also not be considered evil as we are? For he made man to resemble him. And he also made men inferior to women. Another thing I cannot agree with.

More on your post later.

---------- Post added 09-25-2016 at 07:18 PM ----------

Now let me add real quick: I am not saying I do not believe in him. I just do not know what to believe. I lack faith. Either way, I am therefore condemned to my fate. You know, I would truly love to believe in a Heaven and an Almighty God who watches over us. See that is the root of all religion. No one wants to truly believe they are alone. They do not want to believe there is nothing after they die. So, yes, I do hope there is a heaven. I'd like to be able to see all the loved ones I have lost again. But my doubts will prevent that. It is just who I am and if there is a God then he should understand. At least I would hope so, but though you say his is merciful, he is also wrathful. And has pride, which is another sin.

The reason why I say he has pride is because he hates when someone denies him as the true God. Someone humble, someone noble, and truly good would be patient and understand the struggle to have faith. He would understand people's flaws and would tolerate their choices. But he doesn't. He thinks everyone should obey him. Bow and pray to him and only him. That is pride. And that is power hungry. He should understand how we humans think. He should understand our flaws and be okay if we worship other deities, because he is supposed to love us unconditionally. He is supposed to be merciful and forgiving.

Now before you get upset or mad or whatever about that statement let me ask you this: If a normal human being craved power and demanded of all those in his land to claim him as their king and no other. To obey him and worship him or be punished and condemned, he would be disliked. He would be considered greedy and power hungry and cruel. But God does this exact same thing and yet he should be praised and loved.

I get it, don't get me wrong, He is God and that is viewed differently. But the similarities are unmistakable to me.

---------- Post added 09-25-2016 at 07:23 PM ----------

And you're wrong. Believing in God does lead to violence. It still does today. And Christianity is actually considered the most violent religion today. Many people still commit violent acts in His name. Yes, that is human fault, but they believe that God would want it that way.

People attack abortion clinics still today and claim it as an act of God. Their beliefs in God justify their actions in their minds. They feel it righteous. Again, yes it is human error, but their beliefs are what leads them.

---------- Post added 09-25-2016 at 07:25 PM ----------

Here's an excerpt from an article by Vincenzo Oliveti, author of Terror's Source:

Quote:
"In the 20th century alone, Western and/or Christian powers have been responsible for at least twenty times more deaths than have Muslim powers. In this most brutal of centuries, we created incomparably more civilian casualties than have Muslims in the whole of Islamic history. This continues even in our day—witness the slaughter of 900,000 Rwandans in 1994 in a population that was over 90 % Christian; or the genocide of over 300,000 Muslims and systematic rape of over 100,000 Muslim women by Christian Serbs in Bosnia between 1992 and 1995. The horrible truth is that, numerically and statistically speaking, Christian Civilization is the bloodiest and most violent of all civilizations in all of history, and is responsible for hundreds of millions of deaths" -Vincenzo Oliveti-

Last edited by Velvet; 09-25-2016 at 07:26 PM..