Thread: Does God exist?
View Single Post
Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 10-10-2016, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
That's fucking wild, as I seem to recall an awful lot of juxtaposition with the Bible and its self-elected leaders. Hell, even its followers. You're supposed to be a virgin before you're married to a man, right? And submit to men--in multiple religions it reads like this. Why would I ever in my right mind believe in God?

Because, as far as I know, he's done shit all for women.
Or kids, or people who don't believe in him, or the planet, etc., etc., etc.
If you should ever care to read The Book of Genesis, you will know precisely how much God has done for man and woman alike. God created the Garden of Eden and put Adam and Eve in it. They had it easy. They only had to NOT eat the forbidden fruit and they messed it up. Not just for them, but for their children and all following generations including you and I.

And it's laughable to think that God has done nothing for those who choose not to believe in Him. Let me give you a short list of folks whom I believe actually hold God in contempt and do quite well for themselves.

Obama: Multimillionaire; hates God; hates America; hates heterosexuality.

Hillary Clinton: Multimillionaire; hates God and America, too.

Bernie Sanders: Wealthy; hates God and sound economics.

Bill Maher: Well off: avowed atheist, tv show host, produces documentaries showcasing his dislike for religion in general, but Christianity in particular.

George Soros: Billionaire; Financing just about every group or politician seeking to damage the United States. Why? Because Georgie hates that America is, or was, a Christian nation.

Richard Dawkins: scientist and avowed atheist. Even wrote a book about hating God called The God Delusion.

Alec Baldwin: accomplished film and tv actor and avowed atheist.

And the list goes on. Let's not forget that God could choose to kill all those who disobey Him, but does not. This is what the bible reads:
Quote:
Ezekiel 30-32 NKJV "Therefore I will judge you, O house of I srael, every one according to his ways," says the Lord God. "Repent, and turn from all your transgressions, so that iniquity will not be your ruin. "Cast away from you all the transgressions which you have committed, and get yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. For why should you die, O house of Israel? "For I have no pleasure in death of one who dies," says the Lord God. "Therefore turn and live!"
Seems straightforward and fair to me.