View Single Post
Mogwai
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-23-2013, 03:52 PM

I'm not diabetic, but I recommend all people here to watch "forks over knives" . It's a documentary about doctors that recommend people. especially diabetic people or people with heart problems to move to plant and whole wheat based diet.

Meat and especially red meat (when you consume in large portions) are unhealthy for your heart. Especially diary products. You can get protein and calcium from plants, nuts, beans, stuff like that. For people who have problems with b12, you can get supplements.

Perhaps to some of you this sounds strange, but they got the idea from the classic Chinese diet - their main foods were plants and rice, and they ate meat in such small portions, that the western portion of meat per person can be divided by 4 for the Chinese people. Yeah, we eat TOO much meat. Oh and - Diary products were never included in their menu. Anyway, the doctors made a research and found out that only about 1% of all Chinese people had cancer of some sort, the % of people who had heart attacks was so small compared to western countries, and almost none had diabetes type 2.

Anyway, this diet is pretty strict, I agree, because it is vegan based diet. But I still thought to bring it up, some food for thought. Even if you're not exactly eating only plants, try to eat small portions of meat in your menu, don't eat red meat at all - it's unhealthy in so many ways... if you still decide to eat meat, so in moderation. Don't add too many oil in your food, try eating only breast chicken and fish. About diary products - It's a LIE that they're healthy for you. None of them are healthy. Not even those healthy "yogurts". It's true that they're full with calcium and iron, but our body mechanism doesn't digest diary products sufficiently enough - so what actually happen when we digest diary products - not only we lose pf the diary product's properties, diary products actually weaken our bones, rather the other way around. To understand this better, google it, or watch the documentary. Eggs are healthy, but again, try not to eat more than 2 a day. They're still full of cholesterol.

Last edited by Mogwai; 09-23-2013 at 04:12 PM..