View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 05-05-2014, 07:43 PM

CHAPTER ONE: Abysmal Island

The first day on this godforsaken island is hot and muggy. A swarm of mosquito-like creatures are digging into your flesh and sucking up your blood. As they fly away from their breakfast, the creature begins to writhe in mid-air. Body heavy and in much pain, the insect falls from its flight and becomes one with the ground. In mere seconds, it's dead. The life cycle continues with each and every bite. Only, with each attack, your eyes begin to notice something. You see it pulse before you hear its silent scream.

When you're finally ready to look around, you notice you're trapped within a cage. There are others in cages all around you. There looks to be about 20 of them and each holds a prisoner -- someone you recognize from the plane. With yours cells separated by earth, you're left to your own, exposed cage. Sure, you can reach across and slap hands with someone in another cage nearest you, but what's the point. They're just as broken, weak, and weathered.

A chirp is heard before the static of an electronic device. Finally, a voice speaks to you.

"Good day, mates. Welcome to Sifile Island, your new home. Today's weather forecast is heat with a mix of rain so do your best to keep ya chins up." There was silence and it seemed deafening. Thankfully, the voice returned. "Look yourself over. Make sure everything is in tact. You might spy some new scars and ink, pay them no attention. They just mark you so I know who you are. Me? Who I am? Why, I am Doctor Lum and you, my friends, are a part of the ASY-Project."

There was a hint of happiness in his voice. "ASY-Project? Fishy sounding. Pe-shaw! You should be proud. I done you real good. You see, you're special now. Very special. Not only can you do things mankind cannot, but you also are a part of a grand army, my army. Learn to control your powers and rise with me. Learn to fight and we shall rule th-" the voice was interrupted. You could hear someone else talking, but it was inaudible. "What do you mean I sound crazy. I am crazy. I will not lie to... oh no, don't you. Sorry friends, looks like I'm out of time. Enjoy your new home and I'll see you in a few days. Assuming... you can survive."

The voice vanishes and you're left alone again. It's up to you what you want to do. Will you cower and be alone for the next three days? Or will you begin to meet your neighbors, the only other survivors.

You are now free to post as you will. You are trapped in your cage right now, but we'll eventually time-skip to your release. For now, go over what you're thinking and, if you want, chat with the others. Might as well, what else have you to do while you're imprisoned? Oh, you can try to dig your way out, but you will hit the metal floor -- and your escape will be halted. Enjoy~!